www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mk2 2gr supercharged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyra
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 13

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sounds like a proper Evora!

Keep debating whether to change my exhaust to something more fruity or not... [Think]
Jevansio

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

monkeyra wrote:
Sounds like a proper Evora!

Sounds much better lol
Marty J
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So, how's the old girl's rear end looking these days, have you done any more surgery to pretty it up ? [Twisted Evil]
Dale_V

Feedback Score: 49

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

any updates?
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

Feedback Score: 29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've had to take a break from it for a while because my customer workload is just too high right now, there literally aren't enough hours in the day.

In the meantime I've been parts collecting and preparing to get stuck in again when work eases off a bit.

After all of my hard work on the customized Autopista spoiler with hand made side pods I have decided not to fit it. There was a dodgy viewing angle that didn't work for me. I've actually decided not to fit any spoiler at all, they look really good spoilerless and to compliment that I've bought an F40 lid which will be hinged into the roof, gas rammed and custom undertrays made for it with fans.

That's the plan anyway.
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 8

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So you don't want to use the rear view mirror any more? Bold move!

I'm with you on the spoilerless looks but the F40 lidů.? Nah.

Don't get me wrong I love your work and admire the skills and professionalism on display but I think you're trying to gild the lilly so to speak,
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Spoilerless looks good as its coming towards you, still looks good as you approach the 3/4 angle, but as soon as you start to se the side on profile it all goes wrong IMO!

IMO it needs something to detract from the sloping boot lid. I do quite like the MadPSI boot lid -

alan_uk
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 24

1999 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Gazza_DJ wrote:
Spoilerless looks good as its coming towards you, still looks good as you approach the 3/4 angle, but as soon as you start to se the side on profile it all goes wrong IMO!

IMO it needs something to detract from the sloping boot lid. I do quite like the MadPSI boot lid -

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://madpsi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/carbon-fiber-ducktail-trunk-lid-08.png[/url]

It wont have a sloping bootlid though as its trd widebody and the rear end is squared off as is the bootlid were it extends to meet the quarters
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

HighwayStar wrote:

Don't get me wrong I love your work and admire the skills and professionalism on display but I think you're trying to gild the lilly so to speak,

I'm still playing around with the final decisions to be honest, the original plan was to use my own Kuki blade roof spoiler, which I might still do. The idea is to style it a little more exotically than a TRD, it may or may not work.

I also thought about using my Kuki blade and graft the F40 lid into that, so it hinged off the Kuki blade, creating something totally unique, we shall see.

As for not using the rear view mirror anymore..... there won't be anything behind me [Very Happy]
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Gazza_DJ wrote:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://madpsi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/carbon-fiber-ducktail-trunk-lid-08.png[/url]

I did consider the Mad PSI bootlid, might have to give that some more thought as it does compliment what I have in mind.
aussieGT

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:

As for not using the rear view mirror anymore..... there won't be anything behind me [Very Happy]

But if it's super fast won't it all be behind you??
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Dots on the horizon [Very Happy]
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

alan_uk wrote:

It wont have a sloping bootlid though as its trd widebody and the rear end is squared off as is the bootlid were it extends to meet the quarters

True.

PW@Woodsport wrote:

I did consider the Mad PSI bootlid, might have to give that some more thought as it does compliment what I have in mind.

Perhaps some sort of custom thing with the TRD lid and an integrated ducktail? No idea how much work that would be, could look excellent though!
ads

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mine was without spoiler but looks far better now I've fitted of all things a Saab 99 turbo item. Subtle looks a little like the Kei Office and somehow seems to flow just right.

Happy for you to take a mould off by the way
MRV6
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:
HighwayStar wrote:

I'm still playing around with the final decisions to be honest, the original plan was to use my own Kuki blade roof spoiler, which I might still do. The idea is to style it a little more exotically than a TRD, it may or may not work.

I also thought about using my Kuki blade and graft the F40 lid into that, so it hinged off the Kuki blade, creating something totally unique, we shall see.

Get it out of the spray booth and have a look at it from different angles, take pics whatever. You can't really visualise anything when it's in there.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes she's due an airing this week, need to declutter and take a fresh look at her.
MRV6
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Good lass, I'll pop over, Want to have a look at her.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It's been so long since I worked on it there was a good layer of dust on the car, but we plonked the F40 lid on to see how it looks on a TRD, to my knowledge there isn't a TRD with one of these fitted so unsure about wether it works on this kit visually or not.

I have to say I like it, a lot, I was never a big fan of it on stock bodied cars, but there is something about it on a TRD and spoilerless that is working for me, so for now it stays.

The plan is to properly hinge this from the steel part of the roof, build a frame for it so that it becomes a proper panel with no flex and gas strut it so it opens with the engine lid release. I also want to work on water ingress, possibly some Perspex incorporated behind the vents, rain channels and maybe a rain gutter with a seal running around the roof edge to make this as it would be if it were OEM.

I'd also like to add some fans under there now that I have unlimited space to work with under there. Getting this lid to work and look how I want it is going to be a massive task, but if it's staying I can't live with it just being sat in place as a removable lid, it must work in an OEM way.

I also have an idea to use this to build something totally unique as part of my Kuki blade, it's just a wild thought at the moment though.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Very keen to see how you get on with the F40 lid. I've got one of the original Ask Sport F40 engine covers, gathering dust in my garage. I also want to hinge it properly from the roof, just never got around to it. So i shall be watching with interest [thumleft]

My Build Thread - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I will fully detail the process so you can copy if you like, but I do tend to go pretty overboard on the structure and framework, so it might take a while.

I've acquired another set of wheels for the project that would be much better suited, I was taking a lot of flack for fitting the XXRs anyway, but these new wheels do have issues, they are Rota GTRs.

For a start they don't actually fit!!! On the TRD they are about 1.5" wider than the car at all four corners, a whopping 12j rear rim carrying a 335/30 tyre, probably not the best handling choice I've ever made but hey it's a show car.

The fronts are 9.5j and cuurently have a 265/35 fitted, way too big, so I'm dropping those down to 245, still massive but will enable fitment.

So the plan is to widebody the widebody! This will make the cars bodywork totally unique, it does mean practically redoing all four corners, but on a positive note it will also address one or two issues in the stock kit I got that I was never fully happy with. The front wings are too slab sided and actually camber positively on their vertical face, so that needed correcting anyway. Also where the front wing meets the bumper it buckles inward forming a shallow V at the join, again I was never fully happy with that.

This wire frame shows the modifications that will be done over this Summer...

Now it won't be layed up with 10kgs of P38 on all four corners, the plan is to cut and extend where possible and feather in the extensions, when done the man on the street won't actually see a big difference between it and a regular TRD.

I'm probably mad, but I cannot help myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: