[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo gaskets

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

[Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo gaskets

Post by markstevieandmads »

So ive stripped off my old ct26,cat and exhaust manifold and the turbo to exhaust manifold gasket is knackered and there wasnt even a gasket between the cat and turbo so that needs doing. Also need gaskets for all the other little odds and sods such as oil and water lines etc and 4 new studs for turbo to exhaust manifold and a new stud for exhaust manifold to head as it snapped off.
Do i need new exhaust manifold nuts?
Would i need to replace all the exhaust manifold studs as worried they will strip the head.

Wheres the best place to get these parts from as they seem real expensive from Toyota.
Also im getting the manifold and decat machined flat and also an old stud drilled out of the turbo to exhaust part as had to chop it to remove it.

Cheers
Bear87

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Turbo gaskets

Post by Bear87 »

Give TCB parts a bell mate. Can't recommend them enough. Be prepared for a chat on the phone though :lol:

Brad
markstevieandmads

Yep used tcbparts loads of times.... emailed them last night and.... nothing... no return email.
I cant really phone it through as there is quite a number of items so easier to email.
Got someone else from a toyota dealership doing a nice discount so if they dont get back to me by Monday then they have lost my custom.

Shame as id prefer to use them.
markstevieandmads

markstevieandmads wrote:Yep used tcbparts loads of times.... emailed them last night and.... nothing... no return email.
I cant really phone it through as there is quite a number of items so easier to email.
Got someone else from a toyota dealership doing a nice discount so if they dont get back to me by Monday then they have lost my custom.

Shame as id prefer to use them.

Just spoke to Paul from tcb on fb - apparently hes been in surgery so unable to answer any emails. He is sorting on monday.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

There usually worth the wait. Every time I call it's engaged for the first 3 hours then after I do get through I realise it's me on the phone for an hour having a chin wag while the next poor sod waits to get through ](*,)

Return to “Mechanical”