www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mazda MX5 RF

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This post is:
Great
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stupid
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 3
Total Votes : 0
This poll does not expire

tottacrolla

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Mazda MX5 RF Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have been driving this for 2 weeks and it has now done 1520 miles, it is the 2.0L sport.
What a great little car ! Not hugely fast of course but it is genuinely a lot of fun especially on a flowing B road, a decent hot hatch would leave it though.
Wind noise with the roof down is nowhere near as bad as some reviewers would have you believe but I remember my T bar MR2 being a little quieter.
Gearbox ratios suit the engine well and the 2.0L will pull from 30mph in 6th gear and it will do 50mpg on the motorway !
The Mk3 MX5 was good but to get the best out of it you had to work it hard, the Mk4 seems more willing to deliver its best all of the time and the RF MK4 is even better at this than the convertible in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Driving Experiences All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: