The Mule thread

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CROOKY1811

The Mule thread

Post by CROOKY1811 »

can anyone summarize the mule thread for me and tell me what happens.Read 25 pages yesterday,still on mule 1 then skipped to page 120 and it seems to on mule 6.Not enough time to read that many pages so if someone could just briefly let me know what happened to each version that would be cool.Cheers Alan.
craig

Re: The Mule thread

Post by craig »

Mule 1 - Rev 4 turbo. Crashed on way back from mapping and written off.

Mule 2 - Rev 3 turbo. Engine from mule transplanted from mule 1.

Mule 3 - Red Westfield

Mule 4 - Yellow 'busa

Mule 5 - MK1 SC

Mule 6 - Rev 5 NA

That's what I recall anyway :mrgreen:
CROOKY1811

Post by CROOKY1811 »

craig wrote:Mule 1 - Rev 4 turbo. Crashed on way back from mapping and written off.

Mule 2 - Rev 3 turbo. Engine from mule transplanted from mule 1.

Mule 3 - Red Westfield

Mule 4 - Yellow 'busa

Mule 5 - MK1 SC

Mule 6 - Rev 5 NA

That's what I recall anyway :mrgreen:

Thanks very much
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

It's come to this has it :lol:

In short:

Mule I: Rev 3 Turbo, which I'm sure you've read about so far. Crashed :(

Mule II: Rev 3 Turbo, pearl paint, wide arch, 400bhp+, awesome thing. The one most people read the thread for. Took it to Le Mans, made many noises in many places, sold when I came back. Currently owned by another IMOC member.

Mule III: Westfield SEI with a Fiat Twin Cam engine. Never really bonded with this one. Swapped for a Mk1 SC Super Edition, which I gave to my good lady. Mule III is still around and is owned by a good friend (Ben). It now races in the Javelin and Toyota Sprint Series.

Mule IV: MK Indy kit car with a Hayabusa engine. Insane thing! Sold to another good friend (Pete), when I lost all interest in second cars. It was a weapon though!

Mule V: Mk1 SC Super Edition. Lovely little car, owned at the same time as Mule IV. Eventually sold after an accident (not in the car) meant that my girlfriend was unable to drive it for a prolonged period of time, due to the lack of power steering. Now resides in Germany with a collector.

Mule VI: Rev 5 NA. Purchased with Pete to fix up and sell. Never did get around to selling it. I took it on, left it to sit for a while, now converting it into a turbo.

Many photos and ramblings along the way 8-[ Worth a read :wink:
CROOKY1811

Post by CROOKY1811 »

Magic Beans wrote:It's come to this has it :lol:

In short:

Mule I: Rev 3 Turbo, which I'm sure you've read about so far. Crashed :(

Mule II: Rev 3 Turbo, pearl paint, wide arch, 400bhp+, awesome thing. The one most people read the thread for. Took it to Le Mans, made many noises in many places, sold when I came back. Currently owned by another IMOC member.

Mule III: Westfield SEI with a Fiat Twin Cam engine. Never really bonded with this one. Swapped for a Mk1 SC Super Edition, which I gave to my good lady. Mule III is still around and is owned by a good friend (Ben). It now races in the Javelin and Toyota Sprint Series.

Mule IV: MK Indy kit car with a Hayabusa engine. Insane thing! Sold to another good friend (Pete), when I lost all interest in second cars. It was a weapon though!

Mule V: Mk1 SC Super Edition. Lovely little car, owned at the same time as Mule IV. Eventually sold after an accident (not in the car) meant that my girlfriend was unable to drive it for a prolonged period of time, due to the lack of power steering. Now resides in Germany with a collector.

Mule VI: Rev 5 NA. Purchased with Pete to fix up and sell. Never did get around to selling it. I took it on, left it to sit for a while, now converting it into a turbo.

Many photos and ramblings along the way 8-[ Worth a read :wink:

Thanks very much,its a great read so far
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

:thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”