www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
HKS fcon chip rev2 turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 21

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: HKS fcon chip rev2 turbo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've seen a hks fcon plug and play chip on ebay, does anybody know what sort of gains can be got from one of these as I would like to perk my car up a little but not to much.

If any body has got any links or stats for one that would be great.

Cheers Phil
Odin_S
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What have you done to your car so far? Very rarely is there a ECU that you just plug in and play and get gains,

Unlike mapping a more modern car like say a Golf GTI, most MR2s are not in the same state of tune as most Golfs are

As far as the that ECU i'd say save your money
Essex2Visuvesi
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hks-fcon-mr2-turbo-harness-ecu-tuning-chip-/182446804745?hash=item2a7aad4f09:g:7x4AAOSw241YmOG1

If its this one then yes it is plug an play with regards to wiring but will need to be mapped to get the best out of it
philmr2
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes that's the one, I'm toying with either getting one of them or a electronic boost valve.

Car is pretty much stock apart from a blitz filter, I've refitted a stock exhaust system bur if needs be would put an aftermarket one back on.
Chumbaside
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 27

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Get yourself a decent electronic boost controller and have some fun!

If you buy an ECU, it'll need mapping (if you like your engine) and that's a lot of cash to spend on such a mildly modded car.

You could really do with a free flowing exhaust to help the car breathe - you've done the filter so that's good.

Buy a boost controller, turn up the boost a little, enjoy [thumleft]
philmr2
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That's what I'm thinking , I don't want silly power I just want it to feel a little bit willing to go.
alanmr2turbo

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Save your money. Most of these dont come with the PFC F-CON absolute pressure sensor. Whether you can use the Stock one i don't know.

Best option to go is REV3 fuelling and get rid of the AFM. Bigger injectors so safer on up'ing boost and no need for a FCD
toecutter

Feedback Score: 0

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Doesn't look like it has the MAP sensor with it. The 3 Bar GM sensor works in place of the original one. That's what I use in mine. Was 30-40 from America.

There's a switch inside to change the amount of fuel delivered, I set mine up with my wideband, never had it on a rolling road so no idea what difference it makes. Made a lot of changes at the same time so can't go by feel either.

Bit of info here along with install manual - [url]http://1jzmerc.com/hks-faq/hardware/pfc-f-con[/url]

I'd say it's very overpriced, especially without a MAP sensor, but then look what people pay for a Blitz Access ect.
Al-sw20

Feedback Score: 0

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ct20b + exhaust + downpipe and EBC are the best bang for buck modifications for an MR2 turbo. Disable the boost cut and you can run 12s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: