www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
New to MR2s, Hey all

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK3 2000-2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshMk3

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: New to MR2s, Hey all Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bought my MR2 on Monday. I will admit it was a bit of an impulse buy... I've always wanted a track car which needed to be RWD. After narrowing my options down I was down to an MX5 or some kind of BMW, until I heard about a friend of a friend breaking an MR2. perfect, I hadnt even considered those. Less than 6 hours and 500 later I had my car.

The car was built in 2000 and has covered 90,000 miles, no advisories but failed It's MOT on emissions. I understand this can either be a cat fault, or something about piston rings I've heard thrown around. Sounds potentially worrying but It's only going to a track anyway and I like the idea of the Celica engine at some point. I'll just see how it goes.

I have a few questions but I'm going to search the site first for answers so just wanted to say "Hi all!"

In the meantime if anyone has any tips or hints to making a track ready MR2 then fire away. Things like the most common items to get sorted that don't cost and arm and a leg that I can get on with until payday. I haven't decided yet if i want to sort an MOT for track days or make it a complete thoroughbred (budget depending).
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hello, Welcome

Pop some pictures up. It is a treasure trove of information on here, people are always happy to help

[thumleft]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi ash welcome as said you will find much help and advice on here

enjoy

Brian

Hail Cosmos Eagle 1998 -
RIP White Eagle 1991 - 2016
mr2garageswindon
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 1

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Ash welcome,
First advise for prepping a track day mr2... put it on a diet.. Strip out all the not required bits, get some decent shocks and springs, good grippy tyres and have some fun. [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK3 2000-2007 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: