My story so far

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

metallica fish

Re: My story so far

Post by metallica fish »

Been waiting 10 years for this. And yes I have a bit of a filthy nugget. But it's mine...

I know it's only wipers, but it's a another £30 seeing as 1 arm is broken. That's another few weeks added to it being off the road. This whole build is funded from pocket change so it doesn't effect family finances.

I worked so damn hard to get this in the first place. Jesus... I've sometimes gone 2 days without eating so I could justify (to myself) putting £3 into my savings tin. I would never want my kids to go without just because I'm doing this.

The person doing this has no idea what I've been through to get where I am, or what I'm going through to get where I want to be. This wont stop me building the car but if anything worse happens I won't be able to afford to carry on.
Draven

Post by Draven »

:cry: I know how you feel mate. It is very hard to do cars on a shoe string. I really hope they give up and go back to being scum elsewhere.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Have you got a wiper arm sorted yet?
metallica fish

Post by metallica fish »

androo007 wrote:Have you got a wiper arm sorted yet?

Not yet mate. It's not as important as getting the rust sorted. It'll have to wait till towards the end
metallica fish

Post by metallica fish »

Exhaust arrived today, callipers refurbished (donated), wiper arms refurbished (donated) drop arms refurbished (donated)

£200 worth of tools bought.

Pics of this build will come.

Still looking for a driver's side door in red if anyone has one kicking about near Durham. Cash waiting
metallica fish

Post by metallica fish »

With big thanks to thomp1983 I have made progress.

Rear bumper has been removed to expose some, but not extensive rust. I will upload pics once this has been repaired.

Brakes are also now off so the calipers are getting replaced soon.

If anyone is selling parts please look at my wanted thread.
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 89#1683089

The really work is about to start and I can't wait :mrgreen:
metallica fish

Post by metallica fish »

Finally got the brakes done on the car! Bit spongy but at least they are on and working.

Finally managed to take it for a "drive" around the back street just to get a few fluids flowing and all seems well.

The plan is to get it down to a garage by the end of the month and get all the welding sorted and the back bumper back on and exhaust fitted.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Good work, looking forward to pictures.
metallica fish

Post by metallica fish »

UPDATE:

I can no longer work on the car where it is! ](*,) previously derelict building next to the car is being renovated. The owner is storing his car right next to mine with about a 3 inch gap. His plan is to use the bit of land my car is on but he's fine with it staying there for now.

The only other place I could have put if for a few week at least has now been fenced off ready to build bungalows.

I need to find somewhere else to put the car soon! If not I fear it will be a case of cutting my losses and selling. Putting the money together with what I have saved for the welding and getting a better car. One that is road worthy.

Return to “Member Profiles”