Mk2 2gr supercharged

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

aussieGT

Re: Mk2 2gr supercharged

Post by aussieGT »

PW@Woodsport wrote:So I removed the entire exhaust system for final bracing and welding, it's quite sculptural to look at, or maybe I'm just a sad xxxxxx.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v624/ ... tn9nwv.jpg

I'm pretty happy with that.

A bit of both maybe, I can see a bit of Giger in there.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1EsoGLXXX ... t-font.jpg
danthevanman

Post by danthevanman »

Stunning work as always while pushing boundries, can wait to see it finished.
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

PW@Woodsport wrote:So I removed the entire exhaust system for final bracing and welding, it's quite sculptural to look at, or maybe I'm just a sad xxxxxx.

That's better mate. You might win the Turner prize with that and yes you are sad.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v624/ ... tn9nwv.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v624/ ... utvvkl.jpg

That is indeed a tidy piece of work but i have to ask - it's rather a lot of steel there - isn't it a bit heavy ?
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

The silencer is stock Evora S right up to the point where the outlets Y off to each side, so there is probably an extra 1 or 2kg over the standard Lotus silencer itself. However i have no CATs either pre CAT or post CAT, so my complete system should in theory be lighter than the Evora S one.

Either way my entire car is lighter than an Evora S anyway, for example my EB60 gearbox is 11kgs lighter than the Evora unit.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

PW@Woodsport wrote:The silencer is stock Evora S right up to the point where the outlets Y off to each side, so there is probably an extra 1 or 2kg over the standard Lotus silencer itself. However i have no CATs either pre CAT or post CAT, so my complete system should in theory be lighter than the Evora S one.

Either way my entire car is lighter than an Evora S anyway, for example my EB60 gearbox is 11kgs lighter than the Evora unit.

Its amazing what you can get away with on an older car - no cats and so on. The basic system needed for a v6 is so much simpler (and lighter) than the system that Lotus have to put onto the evora.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Just fired it up today on this new system, my god it's good, one of the best sounding systems I've ever built and I've built hundreds.

Video coming soon, I can't believe the sound this thing makes now, should be epic under load.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Looking forward to video :)
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Absolutely incredible work, commitment and thought!
You've done yourself proud IMO.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Thankyou kindly, it feels like an neverending project!
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

PW@Woodsport wrote:Just fired it up today on this new system, my god it's good, one of the best sounding systems I've ever built and I've built hundreds.

Video coming soon, I can't believe the sound this thing makes now, should be epic under load.

Video needed ASAP :twisted:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I did a quick video which isn't really doing it any justice, cars in a spray booth, phone mic is crap, but you get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLBRJfk9OnA
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

PW@Woodsport wrote:I did a quick video which isn't really doing it any justice, cars in a spray booth, phone mic is crap, but you get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLBRJfk9OnA

wow love it! :twisted:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

nice :twisted:
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Heard this today and it sounds amazing, very exotic. Can't wait to hear her under load. Get your finger out son and get it finished!
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

Absolutely love the sound of that Evora (+1) exhaust on there, it is defo going to sound better than any Evora (+2) out there, along with the Evora (+3) dash clocks it really is something special (mark them on the door for me please Paul :p)
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Jevansio wrote:Absolutely love the sound of that Evora (+1) exhaust on there, it is defo going to sound better than any Evora (+2) out there, along with the Evora (+3) dash clocks it really is something special (mark them on the door for me please Paul :p)

Bloody hell look what the car dragged in, how you doing mate? Coffee soon?
synXero

Post by synXero »

So broadly speaking, what's left to do on it Paul? Be great to have a strike-off list and we can all chant along :D
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Broadly there are no major jobs left to do now, but there are hundreds of small ones that make up the whole picture.

Hopefully it will have turned a corner by Summer.

Jay you still haven't said Evora enough times :D
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

MRV6 wrote:
Bloody hell look what the car dragged in, how you doing mate? Coffee soon?

Doing awesome bud, defo

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”