What was the exhaust......

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

muckyman

What was the exhaust......

Post by muckyman »

Ages and ages ago I saw an exhaust on a tubby and I can't for the life of me remember what make it was.
All I can remember was that it was a twin exit and that it looked like it had double silencers each side - one was the normal largish silencer and then there was what looked like a smaller narrower silencer sitting in front of the larger one (when looked at from the rear of the car)
Anyone able to enlighten me as to which exhaust it was?
Ta
craig

Re: What was the exhaust......

Post by craig »

Only one that your description sounds like that I can think of is the Fujitsubo Legalis-R, but this is the NA version:

:-k
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Must have been an NA Fujitsubo. I don't know of any others with that design.
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

no, it wasn't that one.
It was quite like a Phoenix Power exhaust, but there were two additional silencers - at least I assume they were silencers.
Imagine the exhaust entering each silencer box, beside the pipe going in there was another pipe coming out which turned 180 degrees and had what looked like another smaller diameter shorter silencer sitting in front of each of the main silencers.
I could never quite work out if it was a silencer or some kind of active exhaust as there was a pipe going into the additional cans but not coming out (well, not that I could see anyway).
Of course, I may be confusing myself and I saw it on another car altogether but I'm 99% sure it was a MR2
Draven

Post by Draven »

Possibly a custom exhaust. [/quote]

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”