[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev2 GT4 chargecooler fitting issues

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev2 GT4 chargecooler fitting issues

Post by markstevieandmads »

Ive removed my intercooler and started installing the st185 throttle body parts to convert my throttle body ready to fit the st205 chargecooler core.

However i have a problem that the st185 rubber throttle sock wont align on to the existing rev 2 throttle body. Also the st185 throttle support wont fit on to the rev 2 throttle body. It lines up with some unused holes that have no thread.

I will post pics to explain:
As you can see, the st185 throttle bracket aligns with these holes but these holes were not used before and therefore has no threads to run a bolt into.

The bottom of this st185 throttle body sock does sit on to the st185 throttle body support.....

But doesnt align on to the existing rev 2 throttle body.

I bought these st185 parts from tcbparts and was told they are st185 parts. These parts seem to fit together but dont fit on to whats left of my rev 2 mr2 throttle body.

I have read tutorials and stickys about installing the st205 chargecooler into the mr2 but at no point does it say i have to replace the entire throttle body-just those bits. I know i had to buy st185 parts to fit my rev2 instead of the st205 parts for the rev 3.

I do wonder if tcbparts have sent and sold me the wrong parts? I specifically told them that i needed these st185 parts to fit the chargecooler on to my rev2 mr2.
I cant find any pics of what they should look like.

Any ideas?
markstevieandmads

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev2 GT4 chargecooler fitting issues

Ive been checking pics of st185 throttle bodys and part lists and everything looks correct so I cant understand what im doing wrong here?

From the parts list and pics it seems i have a st185 throttle bracket and an st185 throttle sock too so just dont get it?!?!?!?

Is it possible it could be upside down? Too dark and cold for the garage now to check.
markstevieandmads

Looks like i might have bought a st205 or st202 throttle sock and not a st185. Luckily ive sourced one locally for £15 so collecting tonight. Im hoping this is the problem.

Ive come to this conclusion as the st205 sock is bigger which makes sense as its too big to fit my rev 2 tb.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

But will a 185 sock fit the 205 cc?
markstevieandmads

jimGTS wrote:But will a 185 sock fit the 205 cc?

Apparently it does with a lot of swearing,brute force,dedication and big dose of hot soapy water.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

markstevieandmads wrote:
jimGTS wrote:But will a 185 sock fit the 205 cc?

Apparently it does with a lot of swearing,brute force,dedication and big dose of hot soapy water.

^^ all of the above. Happy brute forcing 8) :clap:

Return to “Mechanical”