[Mk2] [Turbo] Clutch options

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Race Idiot

[Mk2] [Turbo] Clutch options

Post by Race Idiot »

So I'm looking at clutch options for my forged build, currently the car has a TD05 on it with std internals and fueling. But these are being upgraded in the future and I may be going with a TD06 down the line anyway.

So I'm looking for something fairly streetable, that will stand up to abuse on track. I don't ever launch the car hard or do drags if that's something to take into account.

I was looking at the helix 6 puck, are clutchmasters good? I know those multiplate clutches are meant to be good but the seem a bit overkill for what I want to do.
Chumbaside

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Clutch options

Post by Chumbaside »

I've just fitted a Competition Clutch 6 puck clutch into my forged build and initial impressions are very good. I replaced the slave cylinder, so no doubt that will have helped too, but the action is nice and light making it ok to drive in traffic.

Clutch disc is available separately too should I need to replace it - it will get some abuse on track!

My power goal is 450hp, this clutch is rated to that and then some.

Time will tell as it needs 300 miles of bedding-in before hard launches, but so far it's a :thumleft:

www.competitionclutch.com/base/products/stage-4/
yokomomr4bx

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Can't comment on running that much power, I'm somewhere between 0 and 300bhp on a an Exedy stage 1 that I put in last year, apparently rated for 30% over stock power. If the stage 1 is anything to go by I assume the stage 2 and 3 are of equal top quality and feel. Stage 1 does not require an extended slave cylinder rod, not sure about the others.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Hmm the exedy options seem to be a very non street friendly 3 puck and then the hyper single which looks like what I'd want. Only problem is that it costs about a grand due to coming with a flywheel, I already have a nice jun one.

It's available for a decent price from rhdjapan, but I don't fancy waiting for it and possibly getting stuck for customs charges

http://www.rhdjapan.com/exedy-hyper-sin ... s-gte.html

Plus it doesn't say the torque its rated for. :-k
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Race Idiot wrote:Hmm the exedy options seem to be a very non street friendly 3 puck and then the hyper single which looks like what I'd want. Only problem is that it costs about a grand due to coming with a flywheel, I already have a nice jun one.

It's available for a decent price from rhdjapan, but I don't fancy waiting for it and possibly getting stuck for customs charges

http://www.rhdjapan.com/exedy-hyper-sin ... s-gte.html

Plus it doesn't say the torque its rated for. :-k

Torque listed here -

http://www.exedy.co.uk/en/sports/vehicl ... sd-3s-gte/

Brackets break the URL hyperlinking, so copy paste :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”