Subwoofer headaches

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bentley58

Subwoofer headaches

Post by Bentley58 »

Hi,

I've been trawling the web and other owners sites to find either a set of measurements or product to install as a subwoofer. I've fitted a new radio and amp under the passenger seat but would ideally want a subwoofer for behind the passenger seat.

I've read the replacement alpine amplified sub is good but don't fit ideally behind or under the seat.

Any recommendations??
Richard
davidb

Re: Subwoofer headaches

Post by davidb »

There's a really slim Alpine subwoofer that would fit under the seat, but can't remember the code off the top of my head. It's from the 80's/90's and is a little bit expensive.

I have the standard one in mine, it isn't very bassy but can feel it up my bum. :whistle:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Alpine SWD-1600 will fit under the seat. SWE-1000 has more kick but wont fit under the seat or behind if you have the seat all the way back.
Boddney

Post by Boddney »

I have the SWD-1600 under my drivers seat. Bl@@dy awesome.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I had a 10" JL Audio W10 behind my passenger seat - really do miss it to be honest.

I still have the custom sub box in my garage though if you wanted some measurements? You'll need to cut the rear bulkhead carpet though...
Shaner

Post by Shaner »

Boddney - did you have to remove the seat to fit that Alpine SWD-1600 sub? Does it get in the way when you put the t-bar panels behind the seat though? And do you know if it will fit either side, or just the driver side? A colleague in work thinks his mate might have this model and could be persuaded to sell it. Many thanks. Shaner.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”