[Mk2] [Turbo] AMF wiring

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

[Mk2] [Turbo] AMF wiring

Post by Bear87 »

Hi guys I can't seem to source any consistent information on this I hope you can help!
I have a 92 rev2 tubby and I only have 3 wires to my afm. Judging on the previous owners work I would fully believe he would have just cut a wire because he didn't know where it belongs!

Does anyone have a basic diagram showing wire colours and where the wiring goes too and from (incase I have to run new wires)?

Thanks chaps
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] AMF wiring

Post by Pauln »

Hi
I've never taken mine apart to check, but from this diagram it looks as though you should have more than two wires:

Hope that helps.
Paul
Last edited by Pauln on Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Thanks Paul that's best wiring diagram I have seen!
I have 3 wires but it looks a bit iffy
I bought a new amf as mine was miles out of its test range but still having issues
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

so 1 missing then for some reason. Have you checked the adjustment of the screw on the top of the AFM body.

There should be a number stamped on the body near the screw. You simply add a one to this and that's the correct depth for the screw to be wound into for that particular AFM.

Eg. if the number is 49 the top of the screw should be 14.9mm below the top of the AFM body.

Paul
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Yea I actually replaced my afm a while ago as tested miles out, new one made an improvement but seems to be one thing in a long long list of problems to work through

Cheers
Brad

Return to “Electrical”