[FINALIZED] 1993 L Reg Rev 2 Turbo - 1 former UK owner since 1999 - £3895

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steveybMR2-173

1993 L Reg Rev 2 Turbo - 1 former UK owner since 1999 - £3895

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Due to recent arrival of another MR2, (my 11th!) - I'm selling my 1993 revision 2 Turbo GT-S T-Bar, 1 former UK lady owner (before me) since import in 1999, covered 87,712 miles. Very clean & original example, with only few minor tasteful modifications, so could very easily be returned to completely standard. Needs to be viewed to be appreciated, has original sills and no signs of rust on arches etc, very solid all around. And in the previous owners words 'has never seen a winter'

Drives superb, pulls well with standard boost and hasn't been tampered with. MOT until May 2017. Currently SORN and garaged for winter. Folder of service/repair receipts & some old MOTs dating back to 1999, plus copies of Japanese de-registration, & import customs papers etc. Private plate not included in sale.

Genuine and well cared for original example, maintained regardless of cost. Very hard to find one like this!

£3895

Description copied below from Ebay ad.

CURRENT MILEAGE APPROX 87,712 MILES (low for 23 year old car) *Please read note below regarding odometer error at time of import*.

This MR2 Turbo was previously owned by only one lady owner from date of import (1999) covering only 53,537miles since 1999 in the UK, The car has covered very little mileage in more recent years, (shown from MOT history below) it was only used as a summer months fun car, & has never seen a UK winter, hence its rust free.

I bought this MR2 in Feb with intention of keeping it long term as a summer months fun car/investment as these increasingly rare cars become more sought after and are increasing in value. Insurance only £150 on a limited mileage classic car policy.

I spent over a year looking for a nice original MR2 Turbo and viewed many poor examples, badly modified, tired out, or patched up with welded sills/rusting wheel arches. Reluctant sale, but I also have another later MR2 Turbo, so sadly this one does need to go due to space, otherwise I'd love to keep this one as well.

Needs to be viewed to be appreciated, the first to view will buy it. Body work is in very good condition for a 23 year old car, paintwork has a great deep shine, odd mark here and there given its age, bits of paintwork done in previous years. Most importantly it has original sills with no repairs, solid underneath, and rust free wheel arches & doors - its never seen a UK winter - very rare to find one as orginal!

Its appearance and mechanical condition is a credit to the previous owner, evident from the folder of service/repair receipts that the car has been very well cared for, maintained regardless of cost. Whenever we've taken it out or along to classic shows it turns heads and has received many comments about its great condition for its age.

Drives as well as it looks, pulls fine with no smoke, or untoward noises, brakes great, clutch/gearbox all feel fine and as they should do. Runs standard boost, and is un-tampered with. Always warmed to temperature before a run and let cool down properly. Run only on Shell V-Power higher octane unleased. This is the 10th MR2 I've owned and its the best original mk2 Turbo example I've driven. My other later MR2 Turbo revision 3 needs a lot of TLC to be in the condition this one is in.

Would ideally suit an enthusiast/collector looking for an original example, as it has minimal modifications that could be easily reverted back to complete factory standard. Or, its a very solid base if you want an MR2 to modify.

Current MOT until May 2017. Currently SORN & garaged for winter.

• Original 15 inch wheels in great condition, with 4 matching Nexen tyres/minimal tread wear. • Original space saver spare wheel and tool kit

• After market stainless steel exhaust with nicely polished larger tail pipes (make unknown)

• Apexi Power Intake (have stock box & filter if you prefer to re-instate)

• GT half leather/alcantara seats and matching door cards - good clean condition.

• Tomei 3 spoke sports steering wheel and boss

• Original grey T-bar shades, and some very nice quilted T-bar glass bags made by the loving previous owner

• Clifford alarm system with remote locking (1 key and fob) (original hand book and certificate)

• Original Mudflaps

• Revision 4 leather gear gaiter, and aluminium gear shift knob

• Radio/CD Player

• Less than 1000 miles ago - New Japspeed Aluminium Twin Core Sport Radiator - £143 - coolant flush and bleed - Whilst it was stripped down I cleaned, and painted the the rad cross member, brackets etc, replaced the radiator rubber mounts with new ones, fitted new coolant pipes either side of the radiator. To further protect the new radiator I fitted black mesh to the grilles above the front skirt in the bumper.
• Replacement AFM fitted (used) as the original was sticking (bought from IMOC owners club member)

• New cold start temp sensor • Distributor cap & Rotor arm

2015 - Service, Oil & filter change, fluids & brakes checked - Less than 1500 miles ago.

Repairs & new parts in recent years (within last 10000 miles)

• 2011 - New clutch slave and master cylinders
• O/SF wheel bearing
• 2011 - 4 new tyres & computer alignment
• 2010 - Offside front new brake caliper
• 2010 - Offside front new steering rack boot
• 2008 - Cam belt, tensioner, pulley roller, water pump
• Both front shockers

Points to note:-

*Mileage - Evidently from the cars body/chassis/mechanical condition its undoubtedly low mileage for its age, approx 87,712 miles.

However, the odometer reads 410044 due to an error I believe by the dealer that imported the car in 1999.

Included in the paperwork history of the car, is a copy of the Customs & Excise Declaration for registration of a used vehicle dated 12 Nov 1999 which states the odometer reading 55,000 kms when it left Japan in 1999, (Converts to approx 34,175 miles), it was imported by a dealer in Dublin, Ireland.

As part of regulations for UK road use rear fog light etc would of been installed, and the speedo converted to read mph from Kms, During this the odometer was converted from Kms to miles incorrectly, it should of been approx 35,000m but must of been reset to 350,000m out by one digit. (can only assume it was thought the last digit counted smaller units, as it is slightly darker in colour) This is verified by the cars first UK MOT dated Dec 10 1999, reading of 356507 miles.

Therefore current odo reading of 410444 miles minus 356507 miles (1999) = 53,537 miles in UK since 1999 plus 34,175 miles covered in Japan from 1993 to 1999 = 87,712 miles current mileage of the car.

I have copies of these documents that verify the mileage above that I can send to any interested buyer. Also includes a copy of the de-registration certificate from Japan, and another document mainly in Japanese.

There was also a Japanese sticker on the windscreen with 48,000kms stamped, (I have kept in the file) which was maybe its previous service reminder, or last Japanese Shaken inspection mileage.

I also have a Japanese Car VX vehicle history report that I paid for that shows the dates of both of its inspections that it passed in Japan in 1996, and 1998, which proves the car was in a good condition at that point of time, and confirms deregistration date in Japan of 1999, the report also shows no adverse reports of accident damage etc.

Car has a folder full of paperwork, some previous MOTs (listed below) and some service/repair receipts.
Below are the MOTs certificates that I have in the file (which correspond with DVLA MOT history check):-
Dec 1999 - 356507
June 2003 - 390616
March 2008 - 398585
March 2009 - 40169
March 2010 - 404556
March 2011 - 407861
May 2015 - 408736
May 2016 - 409286

The spare wheel well in the front 'frunk' has had a weld repair, looks to be a good job, and the wheel well is perfectly dry/rust free.

A/C not present - When I removed the old radiator, the a/c rad was past its best, (I still have it) as the air con didn't work I removed it from the car, and removed the other components around it in the front, and cut the pipework. Not a problem, as my driving enjoyment is without the T-bar tops in. Since removal of a/c, fans run all the time, there is a simple wiring fix to this but I've not got around to doing it.

Small engine oil leak from valve cover seal which they're prone, may just require tightening up, I did plan to fix over the winter months.

Please note that the private plate shown is not included in the sale.

You're very welcome to arrange to view the car, but please note that unless you arrive with proof of insurance cover to drive, I'll drive and will gladly take any genuinely interested buyer out for a run, so please don't be offended. Your more than welcome to bring someone mechanically minded to have a poke around too.

I'll gladly answer questions by message. I can take any further photos on request.

Call or text 07894 562834.

Car must be paid for in cash in full before it leaves. Also advertised elsewhere

Last edited by steveybMR2-173 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
androo007

Re: [FINALIZED] 1993 L Reg Rev 2 Turbo - 1 former UK owner since 1999 - £3895

Post by androo007 »

What a cracking example - well worth the advertised price. GLWS!
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

:thumleft: Thanks! - its a lovely car, if I had a bigger garage I'd genuinely like to keep it, I took it for a quick spin yesterday, and with it running on standard wheels etc/standard boost it actually rides nicer & a little more civilised than my Rev3 Turbo! almost had me thinking whether I'm about to part with the wrong one! lol
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”