[Mk2] [Generic] Rear ARB/Sway bar superpro bushes

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tiff_lee

[Mk2] [Generic] Rear ARB/Sway bar superpro bushes

Post by tiff_lee »

Just looking at pricing up superpro bushes for my car but need some clarification on the difference between bushes on a Rev1 vs Rev2+.

My rear ARB is 22mm but on the superpro site the only poly bushes they list at 22mm are stated as 89 - 91 with all years beyond that being only going up to 20mm, did the size/shape of the bush change externally after 91? My thought process here being would I get away with just ordering the 89-91 22mm bush or will it not physically fit inside the retaining bracket?

Cheers
SonicSW20

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Rear ARB/Sway bar superpro bushes

Post by SonicSW20 »

I would think their 22mm will be fine. Don't know why they only list that as Rev1 as the 22mm is for the TRD rear which is not revision specific as far as I am aware.
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Yeah, its always a PITA searching for bushes when there is so many revisions and different sizes. I'm either going to get the superpro ones or possibly get some Prothane ones with some other parts from the US.
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

It seems the prothane kits don't have a 20mm front ARB bush available. Upon double checking my rear ARB is 22.5mm which neither prothane, superpro or powerflex sell bushes for, do people just fit a 22mm regardless then?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

As far as I know rev3 (rev2+?) turbos should have a 19mm arb front and rear

I've got a stock 19mm bar on the front of mine with the standard 19mm super pro bush that comes in their sw20 kit - I've got the rear ARB bushes in the garage, haven't got round to fitting them yet.

I'm sure the external dimensions of the bush/bracket are the same across all
Models/revisions - have you contacted super pro? They're Aus based and really friendly.

Also it may be paint/dirt/whatever that is bumping your 22m measurement to 22.5?
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Yeah don't these bars are stock, both measured with digital vernier and crudely checked with an open ended spanner, 20mm just fits over front (19mm has no chance) and 22mm won't fit over the rear bar.
Some googling suggests that the TRD bars were 22.5mm but then there is no aftermarket bushes so what's everyone been using?

I think dropping them an email may be the only option but then if this is anything to go by

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_2 ... ory_2/1712

they may try and tell me the TRD is 22mm
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

You can get away with using a 19mm ARB bush on a 20mm ARB if there's no other option.

Those 22mm ones from Fensport will be fine on a TRD ARB.

Return to “Mechanical”