REV 1 GT - @ Back Home

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: REV 1 GT - @ Back Home

Post by 2mad »

CRAIGROBBO wrote:
2mad wrote:
CRAIGROBBO wrote:I have just been looking @ Water Meth Kits but not sure what to do at the moment?...

Buy a meth kit im sure you know my stance on them ... enjoy being a meth head :eye: .. and the extra protection and hp ...

:thumleft:

Hi 2mad,

Which meth kit are you running?

I ran a pro aquamist singe stage setup .. 0.7mm jet for 440 injectors .. and picked up 25hp EASY i would put money on this ... could debate the reasons all day , its just my experience ... i did tune the car for meth but it was safe if it failed (10.8.1) 11.5.1 off .. best mod i ever did .. sprayed 10 -12" from the throttle body .. took my temps from runner no.1 .. 18c on a 25c day my best temp :thumleft: .. lots of wicked kits out there but im rusty now .. speak to dealer and go from there :thumleft:

Good luck :D

Kev.
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi All,

It's been awhile since my last update due to work etc...

We had the car go for its first mapping session about 4 Weeks ago @ EvoTune in Durham.

Started the complete new map getting everything setup and then started doing a few runs. 4th run and one of the coil packs decided to go pop so droped a cylinder. Bloody pleased it was only the coil pack as my heart stopped when I heard it running on three cylinders lol.

Luckily EvoTune had a spare coil pack so had her back up and running in 20 minutes.

1st major run ended with 443hp @ 1.2 Bar (17psi ish)

2nd major run ended with 487hp @ 1.5 Bar (21psi ish)

Dyno was stopped there as we had some high intake temps so settled for the 1.2 Bar setting for the time being.

Finished off with a road tweak for good measures.

Few little jobs to sort which most have been done now tbh and she's nearly ready to go back and get tweaked again. We should see 520/530 easily @ 2Bar and looking forward to feel the difference.

I do have to say even with 443hp the MR2 is a screamer! A lot faster than I was expecting and the boost is savage! Can't wait to see what she's like after the next session with 500+ and few more settings activated like traction control, launch control & Antilag etc

Cheers Craig
ashley

Post by ashley »

Nice numbers, what are you reving to? Love to see a plot of your torque...

:thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Nice results Craig! :twisted:
ads

Post by ads »

Craig if you can make a video of this car rolling that would be awesome
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi All,

2 months since I last posted! Time is flying by which is good as it means dry roads soon! :evil:

Not done to much to the car since being mapped other than putting a few miles on her when possible.

Ive done around 700 miles since being mapped on low boost @ 1.2 Bar

Car has never missed a beat, Not used one drop of oil or water and even on full chat no smoke, Leaks etc - Really pleased with her.

I have been doing some anti heat soak mods to help reduce intake temps, Fitted a secondary exhaust manifold heat shield (Nimbus) along with wrapping the 180 degree intake pipe with gold wrap (not the ebay xxxx) proper stuff from the states.

These two mods seen some great results and made a massive difference.. Over 3 separate tests it brought the intake pipe outer temp down from around 92 Deg C to 28 Deg C - The original heat shield was well over 120 Deg C and the new one which has 1" air flow gap between the original dropped to 39 Deg C - Basically you can boot it jump out and put your hand straight on the shield and its just warm! Before you couldn't even hold the intake pipe.

I also have a boot lid scoop to mount/fit to help air flow in to the intercooler and finish of gold wrapping the turbo outlet pipe.

The next process which has started is removing all suspension parts, Blasting and powder coat and replace all bushes with poly bush type and re-new bolts, ball joints etc. Then it will be off to have all the floor prepped and sealed.

Once all done I will be getting the car back on the rollers to crank the boost up some more and activate some features on the Syvecs like Launch, Traction, Flat Shift & Rolling Boost.

Im aiming to have all this complete and ready for TOTB 2017 in July but either way ill be running her @ TOTB :thumleft:

Will try to post up some pics as I go too.

Cheers Craig
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Good read mate. It has came a long way!

Any pics of the Nimbus effort? And of course the 180 bend?
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi All,

Time is flying by so fast again and keep forgetting to update on IMOC.

The last update she was running around 443hp and then we had a little tweak up to 471hp.

Monday July 3rd we were back on the dyno for another session with some nice safe result.

533hp @ 1.6 bar (progressive boost map)

Engine now has approx. 4,000 miles on and still not used a drop of water, Oil consumption is very minimal (Approx 250ml over those 4000 miles) and no smoke on boost etc..

Just sailed its MOT on July 12th - Tester commented the emissions were that good it would pass the latest cat tests so more HP is good for the environment after all Ha Ha..

Still messing about with the car and got some more little plans going on then probably head back to the dyno in August for the 2 Bar map setting.

Cheers Craig
ads

Post by ads »

walkaround / drive video would be good to watch when you have a mo? Love this car

Return to “Member Profiles”