[Mk2] [Generic] ABS Sensors - Where to get them?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

monkeymax

[Mk2] [Generic] ABS Sensors - Where to get them?

Post by monkeymax »

Hi all,
I know this isn't my usual forum, so please don't shoot me! :P

My sister's Rev 4 Mk2 is having ABS issues. I suspect a speed sensor fault as every so often the ABS will just come on during braking even on dry roads with the new tyres...
I did a sensor test and got error codes 11, 34 and 36 - this indicates to me near side rear sensor seems to have a problem. We took it to a local garage and they couldn't replicate the fault and said the computer seemed to clear itself of these faults. I asked them to do a continuity check on the ABS cable on rear nearside hub and they reckon it's fine.

So, assuming it is a sensor, where can I get one from? They said the best they could find was an import from the USA for £180. That can't be right, can it? (I am tempted to phone Mr T and see what he says, though)
Are these parts shared with the Celica?

Alternatively, anyone know of any garages in the Berkshire area that know what they're doing with 90's Toyota brake systems? :lol:
simpson_eh

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] ABS Sensors - Where to get them?

Post by simpson_eh »

got mine from mr2 ben prepare to shed some tears , i needed two search everywhere for an equivalent apparently there is one but couldnt confirm

simpson_eh
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] ABS Sensors - Where to get them?

Post by ashley »

TCB Parts :thumleft:

Return to “Mechanical”