Blue Roadster Bodykit on ebay - WARNING

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jvanzyl

Blue Roadster Bodykit on ebay - WARNING

Post by Jvanzyl »

Hi all,
bit of a public service announcement - I just wanted you to be forewarned about the blue roadster bodykit for sale on eBay.

Some of you may have read my saga on MR2ROC with a breaker called Stephen located in the Ipswich/Norwich. I can't paste URL's yet but please let me know if you want further info and I will supply it.

The breaker in question has now posted the body kit for sale on ebay again this time under the credentials of "lolsellsit"
eBay item no: 152293747137

I've gone through the photos carefully and can confirm it is the same body kit due to the damage marks being in the exact same places.

He's concocted some story about how he bought the body kit before he broke the car. It's utter rubbish as far as I can tell, because I paid for the body kit to be removed so it can't be true.

Essentially I'd say you can bid on it - but absolutely do not pay in cash, pay with paypal "business" and don't get too upset if he doesn't deliver.

Please note I've got all the original photos of the bodykit that were provided to me as part of the original sale - when compared with the photos on the eBay add you will see that he's carefully orientated the side skirts so as not to draw attention to the damage. But it's definitely there.

As I said before I cannot post URL's yet - so will have to direct you to the MR2ROC site in order to view the images.

"Happy bidding"...
Draven

Re: Blue Roadster Bodykit on ebay - WARNING

Post by Draven »

Lol thats enough to put anyone off
Jvanzyl

Post by Jvanzyl »

LOL - I put an offer in of 99p to start the conversation with them on how they were selling what I'd already paid for and they'd not delivered.
Claimed they'd send me photo's showing the kit was theirs etc... that's gonna be real hard as they'd sent me very good photos as part of the initial sale so I'll be able to spot them a mile off :-)
JD

Post by JD »

Looks like it's gone now. What a crown & anchor. Why would anyone be foolhardy enough to try selling something that has already been paid for by someone with lots of proof they paid for it?
Jvanzyl

Post by Jvanzyl »

The guy appears to be a prolific liar and cheat - I did a background check on him when things started going south. Lots of negative feedback online for his "businesses" with court judgements etc..

What he doesn't get is that the entire MR2 community is watching carefully should he try and sell them again. His only hope is to either provide me with what I paid for or sell them locally to someone without online advertising.

I'd obviously prefer the former - but I'm not expecting him to actually do the right thing.

Return to “Trader Feedback”