[Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust manifold and downpipe for efr7064

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2magic

[Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust manifold and downpipe for efr7064

Post by mr2magic »

Hi all! I need help getting my efr7064 installed. My German contacts either want £4000+ , don't know how to do it properly or have no time.

I contacted full race who declined. Jeff at racerx would do it but requires me to send him the turbo as does nitro dann - but Jeff is in the US and nitro is in Australia :-( Can anyone here help or does anybody know of a fabricator? I've been sitting on this project for 5 years now and I'm almost ready to bin it.

Thanks guys and gals
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust manifold and downpipe for efr7064

Post by ashley »

Drop Nathan a mail, he's used a guy in Greece I think who seems to know his eggs
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Thanks Ashley :thumleft: I'm not that versed with regards to the users. Can you maybe point me in his direction?
ashley

Post by ashley »

rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Hi Magic I have tried this to fit a EFR6758 (the smallest body they do)
And they are huge in comparison to other turbos as they have the oil housing inside make them very long!! I have just about made mine fit with a Full race manifold but it was tight as hell,to the point were I was looking to change my turbo for a standard Garrett set up. If you are trying to get to make it fit I hope you went with the non W/G as they are very big and hard to try and move... I will post a pic of mine institute ....
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Hi Magic I have tried this to fit a EFR6758 (the smallest body they do)
And they are huge in comparison to other turbos as they have the oil housing inside make them very long!! I have just about made mine fit with a Full race manifold but it was tight as hell,to the point were I was looking to change my turbo for a standard Garrett set up. If you are trying to get to make it fit I hope you went with the non W/G as they are very big and hard to try and move... I will post a pic of mine institute ....
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Thanks Ashley!! I'll come contact him and ask :-)

Rich, a mate of mine welded his own style of manifold for his 6758 without any problems at all ;-) the full race are really for externally gated efr or 'normal' garrets :-)

The 7064 I have is internally gated and so very long and as such you're right that it is an extremely tight fit.

Look forward to your pics!
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

As you can see the actuator is so close to the block its self
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

That's because you chose bottom mount. A top mount doesn't have that problem ;-)

Return to “Modifications”