[Mk2] [Turbo] Japspeed or mongoose exhaust

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

macca84

[Mk2] [Turbo] Japspeed or mongoose exhaust

Post by macca84 »

Hi was just wondering whether its worth changing my mongoose exhaust for a japspeed one with 4inch exits for a few extra horses and better sound?
I've heard that the mongoose has a reputation for quality and they are quite rare now. Any advice would be much appreciated.
craig

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Japspeed or mongoose exhaust

Post by craig »

Mongoose is better quality but looks a bit tame. More suited to stock cars. Mongoose turbo exhaust now discontinued. Japspeed exhaust is more in your face but sounds rather fruity with a decat. Can't grumble for the price.
macca84

mongoose or japspeed exhaust

Post by macca84 »

Thanks, yeah just as I thought. Should be able to sell my mongoose for half decent money aswel. Cheers
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

craig wrote:Mongoose is better quality but looks a bit tame. More suited to stock cars. Mongoose turbo exhaust now discontinued. Japspeed exhaust is more in your face but sounds rather fruity with a decat. Can't grumble for the price.

Agree with Craig, not sure whether it will gain you any more power though unless you have a big power car, then the larger 3" through pipe will allow better flow than the mongoose.
If you get lucky the mongoose may finance the japspeed :-k
macca84

Post by macca84 »

Ok cheers for the advice guys 😊
craig

Post by craig »

:thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”