www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Engine ground straps -. Where is this one from?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danbob

Feedback Score: 12

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Engine ground straps -. Where is this one from? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

My engine is all back together in the car now and I'm left with this earth strap left over...

Both ends are m6. Any ideas where it could be from

Currently I have
One earth with connector from head to rhs strut turret
One earth with connector from transmission to the chassis leg
Main earth from transmission to body
Harness earth on the back of the inlet mani

Am I missing one here?
mr2magic

Feedback Score: 1

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thats a ground strap for one of the two service covers in the engine bay (left and right of the bonnet)
Danbob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ah that could make sense, should there be one to the actual removable panel?

The car already has one on each side from the trunk bulkhead to underneath the inspection panels. Does this one go to the panel itself?
mr2magic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Both inspection panels should be earthed to the trunk bulkhead and nothing else.
Danbob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ok it does look like one of those, but both of mine are still there and looks like they are a little longer and one end looks to be m8 not m6

Is there any ground strap between body and inlet manifold?[/img]
mr2magic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

M6...overlooked that, sorry.

I can think of nothing that small in the engine bay. Maybe sonething from the aerial or third brake light....?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: