[Mk2] [Generic] Running cables from engine bay into cab

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tiff_lee

[Mk2] [Generic] Running cables from engine bay into cab

Post by tiff_lee »

I have about half a dozen cables I need to run from the engine bay into the cab (small stuff sensor wires etc), just wondering if there are any goto existing grommets everyone uses so I have a heads up before I start poking around.
C35Rob

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Running cables from engine bay into cab

Post by C35Rob »

yeah mate, either side of the car on the rear bulkhead there are grommets where existing wiring goes through

you can see one of them there - the hole in the gold heat tape, the other one is in the same place on the other side, under the raised patch that hasn't been poked through yet.

EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Awesome cheers Rob
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Finally got all these cables routed through the spare hole on the drivers side

Got some ally sheet laying around so i'll probably just bolt a plate onto a couple of nearby mounting points then attach the greddy profec control unit and solenoid to said sheet. The profec cabling makes it about a third of the way along the centre console so going to extend the loom up to the dash.

just a query on those reference pictures above, I assume all that gold reflective tape is to replace the OE stuff? mine was just crumbling to dust as soon as I disturbed it, if it wasn't for the heat shields going back on it would look a right state.

Return to “Electrical”