[Mk2] [Turbo] A/Rs and HP

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] A/Rs and HP

Post by Martin F »

Gee Man wrote:How come you want more power mate? Surely it's a monster on the road already?

Do you plan on doing some 1/4 mile in it? I just think much more power and you're going to struggle to actually get the power down on the road?

She is actually pretty awesome on the road at the minute however It all started with me wanting a bit more top end in the first post and has now evolved to this.
You only live once and if given the choice on the road I would rather run on my high boost setting, if I could get that power on lower boost with a different turbo but have the option for 500+ as well I would have my perfect car.
Maybe do some quarter miles as well, maybe not, just feel now is the time for the next step... :-k

That's my reasoning but if you want the real truth look at Ashleys thread, that awesome power band on his most recent dyno got me wanting more #-o
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Martin F wrote:
Gee Man wrote:How come you want more power mate? Surely it's a monster on the road already?

Do you plan on doing some 1/4 mile in it? I just think much more power and you're going to struggle to actually get the power down on the road?

She is actually pretty awesome on the road at the minute however It all started with me wanting a bit more top end in the first post and has now evolved to this.
You only live once and if given the choice on the road I would rather run on my high boost setting, if I could get that power on lower boost with a different turbo but have the option for 500+ as well I would have my perfect car.
Maybe do some quarter miles as well, maybe not, just feel now is the time for the next step... :-k

That's my reasoning but if you want the real truth look at Ashleys thread, that awesome power band on his most recent dyno got me wanting more #-o

Ahhhh so it's Ashley's fault :lol:

Well if you do upgrade i'll have some bits off you as 400bhp at the fly is my goal

:wink:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

at some point, youll want less power and less lag....

i see this in your future :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Sounds like you (subconsciously) want a bike Martin 😊 1000+ bhp per tonne and no lag!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Ryan S wrote:Sounds like you (subconsciously) want a bike Martin 😊 1000+ bhp per tonne and no lag!

Haha, there would be no more martin within days if I ever made that choice, however if you could give me that performance in a car I would be quite happy :D

I might wait on the turbo purchase until you are on the road, you will be getting the car on the dyno at some point I hope ? :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

jimGTS wrote:at some point, youll want less power and less lag....

i see this in your future :mrgreen:

:( , probably not far off the mark Jim however if I don't give it a bash now I probably never will :-k
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Gee Man wrote:
Martin F wrote:

Ahhhh so it's Ashley's fault :lol:

Well if you do upgrade i'll have some bits off you as 400bhp at the fly is my goal

:wink:

I will give you a shout nearer the time, :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Martin F wrote:
Ryan S wrote:Sounds like you (subconsciously) want a bike Martin 😊 1000+ bhp per tonne and no lag!

Haha, there would be no more martin within days if I ever made that choice, however if you could give me that performance in a car I would be quite happy :D

I might wait on the turbo purchase until you are on the road, you will be getting the car on the dyno at some point I hope ? :thumleft:

As soon as it's run in it'll be getting mapped. I have maps I could have tweaked so should save some time. Or a complete map, Whatever is works for the best. My clutch is only good for 480bhp so that really will be my highest possible number. I've always been after 400@ the wheels and no more really so if I achieve that (i'm certain it'll be no problem) I'll be happy 😀

Just to add, winter IS coming and i've no issue putting the car on the road mid january!
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

ashley wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:There's a guy in the Cossie scene that gets some great numbers from the BW EFR's. He's getting about 520/530 from the 7064 and nearly 400 from 4K rpm, compared to the graph posted earlier in this thread it blows the Garretts away.

Yes.....but......different engines tune differently don't they....what it does on a Cossie (with mega mods?) is not a valid comparison with a Garrett on a totally different engine is it.

Show me back to back tests on the same engine and I'm all ears...or talk to folk who have detailed experience across a huge range of different applications and engines and I'm listening.

A throwaway comparison to a single other build is just pub talk. Show me what his engine does when tuned up on a Forced Performance or Precision turbo, then we can talk about which turbos get blown away.

The tuner I'm talking about has been mentioned in this thread, Mark Shead. He has built the fastest Sierra in the world and also has built a 950+ Evo. Both are on 9180 turbos and the Evo has been dynoed. Do a bit of searching on Madevelopments and find some of his dyno graphs, he used to recommend the Garrett's but these EFR's for spool knock everything else away.,
No 2 :(

Return to “Modifications”