[Mk2] [Turbo] Custom exhaust

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CalMac

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Custom exhaust

Post by CalMac »

Wish more customers were as realistic as you guys.. Whenever somebody asks me to fab an exhaust up for them they seem to expect around £200 and then get all ar$ey when I tell them how much labour is involved :roll:

Last full system from the manifold back I did was on an FN2 Civic, and it took about 9 hours. Granted I don't have a car lift (which would be a big help) but still - it's not as simple as a lot of people seem to think.

An MR2 exhaust is obviously a shorter system than most but by the time you're putting up £600 you might be better off to buy a proven HKS/Blitz/Mongoose etc. system which will bolt straight up and save you the hassle.
pbmr2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Custom exhaust

Post by pbmr2 »

CalMac wrote:Wish more customers were as realistic as you guys.. Whenever somebody asks me to fab an exhaust up for them they seem to expect around £200 and then get all ar$ey when I tell them how much labour is involved :roll:

Last full system from the manifold back I did was on an FN2 Civic, and it took about 9 hours. Granted I don't have a car lift (which would be a big help) but still - it's not as simple as a lot of people seem to think.

An MR2 exhaust is obviously a shorter system than most but by the time you're putting up £600 you might be better off to buy a proven HKS/Blitz/Mongoose etc. system which will bolt straight up and save you the hassle.

It's a fair point.

I'm after a custom style and exit so the off the shelf stuff just doesn't cut it. More than happy to pay for the right product to be created from scratch.
Still cheaper than genuine exhaust from Mr T with fitting.

Return to “Modifications”