www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
thanks JAE team

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2016
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: thanks JAE team Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

just to thanks to the team for all your hard work for the club stand a facilties, you guys have done us all proud yet again.

also to tge GT86 team its great how the gt86 side has grown adding to the stand

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Hail Cosmos Eagle 1998 -
RIP White Eagle 1991 - 2016
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 38

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pleasure as always. Shame we could not of arranged the sun on Saturday too!

Roll on JAE 2017.... [thumleft]
Jaspa
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Feedback Score: 14

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great weekend once again, cheers peeps.

I seem to have acquired a sunburnt head from driving south for 4 hours. Oh well.

Stuart
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well, what a weekend. I thought that last year I hadn't partied hard enough, so I made up for it this year! I'm still recovering. [Smile]

I thought the show was quieter than last year, there were a distinct lack of trade stands and the ones that were there, were not selling much, they didn't seem to have any stock with them. So no Fensport, Amber, TEIN. Only Tommy from Summit, though he didn't bring any products with him this time. 

This all made the show feel a bit sparse in places with big empty spaces around some club stands and gaps here and there. That said, on the upside they had closed off the access road and re-routed the traffic in on a different entrance which vastly improved things and made it much quieter by our club stand as there was no through traffic. We were on our own generator this year and though it was a pain to have the re-fuelling issue with a bit of a problem on Saturday night getting it going again (though we managed it) it was suprisingly economical and did the job just fine. Also there were no calls from security to turn it off which was great as it was on till past 3.30am on Friday and Saturday night!

All this helped the partying and what a party it was. It was great to catch up with everyone and the usual daft antics ensued with some very odd drinks of course to pass round on Saturday night.

In terms of cars on show it wasn't as strong as previous years, though they did have the show and shine inside this time, which was just as well given the inclement weather on Saturday. But, to a point, I would like to have seen more and a few of the cars in the show and shine, probably shouldn't have been there.

It was a good crack, we were talking about having a theme next year and gettin really organised with it this time. I may have a few volunteers already in mind, but if anyone wants to help with it, let me know. [Smile]

A huge thanks to Scott and Rob, the main protagonists and all the usual crowd, for bringing all the equipment and stuff and helping with the setup and breakdown. We were all cleared up by 1pm yesterday. [Smile]

JAE 2016 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

It looks like Toyota UK will use this pic for their blog on the event, it should be up by Tuesday. [Smile]

AE86 and GT86 Toyota UK by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice post by Simon on Toyota's blog of the show, with some attention to my AE86. [Smile]

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/initial-d-heads-japanese-auto-extravaganza
JD
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It looks like everyone had a good time. I didn't make it in the end as I had a last minute wiring niggle in the Roadster that I managed to fix but then on Saturday morning thought it was a lot of driving to do in a car I'd only just put back together so just did a short trip and then bombed down to Suffolk for the sprint on Sunday which I never made it to as I thought I might have a loose flywheel bolt on the way down so F-it, Sunday pm was beer garden time [Smile]

So I wasted a ton of money on things I didn't do but had an alright weekend anyway [Laughing]

I saw a few pics on facebroke. I especially liked Josh's costume [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2016 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: