thanks JAE team

The biggest and best car show in the UK! IMOC - Winners of 'Best Overall Club' 2010, 2013 & 2014.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

thanks JAE team

Post by wilkie senior »

just to thanks to the team for all your hard work for the club stand a facilties, you guys have done us all proud yet again.

also to tge GT86 team its great how the gt86 side has grown adding to the stand

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: thanks JAE team

Post by Scott Barton »

Pleasure as always. Shame we could not of arranged the sun on Saturday too!

Roll on JAE 2017.... :thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Great weekend once again, cheers peeps.

I seem to have acquired a sunburnt head from driving south for 4 hours. Oh well.

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Well, what a weekend. I thought that last year I hadn't partied hard enough, so I made up for it this year! I'm still recovering. :)

I thought the show was quieter than last year, there were a distinct lack of trade stands and the ones that were there, were not selling much, they didn't seem to have any stock with them. So no Fensport, Amber, TEIN. Only Tommy from Summit, though he didn't bring any products with him this time. 

This all made the show feel a bit sparse in places with big empty spaces around some club stands and gaps here and there. That said, on the upside they had closed off the access road and re-routed the traffic in on a different entrance which vastly improved things and made it much quieter by our club stand as there was no through traffic. We were on our own generator this year and though it was a pain to have the re-fuelling issue with a bit of a problem on Saturday night getting it going again (though we managed it) it was suprisingly economical and did the job just fine. Also there were no calls from security to turn it off which was great as it was on till past 3.30am on Friday and Saturday night!

All this helped the partying and what a party it was. It was great to catch up with everyone and the usual daft antics ensued with some very odd drinks of course to pass round on Saturday night.

In terms of cars on show it wasn't as strong as previous years, though they did have the show and shine inside this time, which was just as well given the inclement weather on Saturday. But, to a point, I would like to have seen more and a few of the cars in the show and shine, probably shouldn't have been there.

It was a good crack, we were talking about having a theme next year and gettin really organised with it this time. I may have a few volunteers already in mind, but if anyone wants to help with it, let me know. :)

A huge thanks to Scott and Rob, the main protagonists and all the usual crowd, for bringing all the equipment and stuff and helping with the setup and breakdown. We were all cleared up by 1pm yesterday. :)

ImageJAE 2016 by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

It looks like Toyota UK will use this pic for their blog on the event, it should be up by Tuesday. :)

ImageAE86 and GT86 Toyota UK by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Nice post by Simon on Toyota's blog of the show, with some attention to my AE86. :)

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/initial-d-head ... travaganza
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
JD

Post by JD »

It looks like everyone had a good time. I didn't make it in the end as I had a last minute wiring niggle in the Roadster that I managed to fix but then on Saturday morning thought it was a lot of driving to do in a car I'd only just put back together so just did a short trip and then bombed down to Suffolk for the sprint on Sunday which I never made it to as I thought I might have a loose flywheel bolt on the way down so F-it, Sunday pm was beer garden time :)

So I wasted a ton of money on things I didn't do but had an alright weekend anyway :lol:

I saw a few pics on facebroke. I especially liked Josh's costume :thumleft:

Return to “JAE 2016”