[Mk2] [Turbo] South machine shops

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SpamDubz

[Mk2] [Turbo] South machine shops

Post by SpamDubz »

I'm shortly going to be pulling my engine apart for a full rebuild so it's getting close to needing the machining work. I'm on the Isle of Wight and I'm no one here has the correct equipment to carry out the work.

I'm going to need the block decked, head skimmed, line bored, cylinders bored and honed and possibly the crank ground.

I'd like the work done to very specific measurements so has anyone got any good recommendations on what machine shop to send my engine to? Price isn't really a concern.

Cheers,

Dan.
androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] South machine shops

Post by androo007 »

Hi Dan

If you're shipping it regardless then I'd recommend asking Pete @ SBITS which machine shop he uses - they are real old school and I believe use CAD milling.

Did the machining for all of petes builds over the last 10+ years. Based in Sheffield.
wilz1234

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] South machine shops

Post by wilz1234 »

There's Owslebury Crankshaft Service (OCS Automotive Engineering) in Winchester. I've used them before for skimming sportsbike heads and they seemed pretty good and well priced.

Return to “Modifications”