Playstation Network

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Playstation Network

Post by Martin F »

I have rarely used my ps4 for the last few months and decided not to renew my subscription for the time being.
This morning PSN takes £39.99 from my credit card without my authorisation for next years subscription.

I usually pay manually and have never set up an auto payment or even thought about going into my settings to look for this however on a recent update and user agreement stopping me playing online I just accepted it. (How many people have a spare hour to read through these huge files anyway). This also has in it an automatic enrolment for auto top up for yearly subscriptions.

I have complained and been told I can't do anything, to say i'm raging is an understatement.

I have now removed everything from my account (paypal, credit card and bank account) and Won't be buying another thing from PSN, it will be their loss in the long run.

This is just a word of warning so others don't get conned by PSN... :evil:
markstevieandmads

Re: Playstation Network

Post by markstevieandmads »

Xbox live is the same.

That's why I always buy a voucher and use that for subs and have never added my card details online.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

markstevieandmads wrote:Xbox live is the same.

That's why I always buy a voucher and use that for subs and have never added my card details online.

It's so wrong, looking online people who have claimed their money back via their credit cards have then had their PSN accounts deleted, this means losing any previous in game purchases, (i.e. I bought black ops 3 and all the map packs plus half a dozen map packs on the ps3), could loose them all, How can they get away with that ?

Brings the phrase rip off Britain into a whole new perspective :evil:
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Martin F wrote:
It's so wrong, looking online people who have claimed their money back via their credit cards have then had their PSN accounts deleted, this means losing any previous in game purchases, (i.e. I bought black ops 3 and all the map packs plus half a dozen map packs on the ps3), could loose them all, How can they get away with that ?

It's a bugbear of mine with regard to buying "digital content" in general. You never really own any of it, you are simply paying for the rights to consume it and those rights can usually be revoked at any time for any reason.

It's the main reason I still buy all my music on CD. As soon as I get it I rip it to mp3 and usually never use the disk again but at least I know I have something tangible that can't be taken away from me.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

kaiowas wrote:
Martin F wrote:

It's a bugbear of mine with regard to buying "digital content" in general. You never really own any of it, you are simply paying for the rights to consume it and those rights can usually be revoked at any time for any reason.

It's the main reason I still buy all my music on CD. As soon as I get it I rip it to mp3 and usually never use the disk again but at least I know I have something tangible that can't be taken away from me.

Agree, I just bought the latest one because it had a bonus map on it, ironically I gave my son a lecture beforehand on why he shouldn't buy the digital copy when he wanted it :oops:

I have gone back to cds myself, spent a lot of cash on my home cinema and stereo music set up, mp3s etc. sound awful compared to a good old cd, recently bought 16 cds for £16 from musicmagpie, over the moon with getting them so cheap, that's my collection going onwards and upwards now :mrgreen:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

kaiowas wrote:

People look at me as if I had just farted right in their lap when I say I refuse to buy 'digital vapour ware' and only buy music on CD's.

Like you say, buy it, burn it (not illegal - you have purchased a copy so everyone gets paid) store your CD or have it slide around in your car like I still do.

I bought xboxone soley to play fallout 4, I began regretting staying with microsoft she these forced updates began. Why can't I opt out? Why can't I play if my internet connection is down?

So so crap. And whats worse is that when one of these forced updates does it's thing its seems like you have a 10~20% of there being a bug in it that stuffs up the game.

Return to “Trader Feedback”