[Mk2] [NA] No power to headunit. Was working before. All fuses are good

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Brad

[Mk2] [NA] No power to headunit. Was working before. All fuses are good

Post by Brad »

Hi guys. I've been reading loads and loads of post, looking at loads of wire diagrams and I'm getting no where.
I had the alternator whine which from what I understand is just a grounding problem with new headunits.

The problem that I have is that when I pulled out the headunit the wire were a mess. I went to fix this and pulled all the wires out of the connectors and then started to reassemble them with a new wiring harness.

I think I have the main three in the right places with is the ground is the Brown with one silver dot.
The 12V batter is white
Key switch is red
The amp remote is the pink and blue one.

The amp turns on and works with the key but the headunit doesn't come on. Also the clock and cigarette lighter and both working.

I've checked the dome, Cig and headunit fuse and they are all fine.

Is there any thing I can check or do in order to make it work.

For the system that is in it I can't really help much as I've only have the car for 1 week. But I can tell you that it is a 1993 with a black box behind both of the seats in the cubbie holes.

I know this is a similar question that gets always ask but I have trolled through this fourm and I have found nothing.

I can upload pictures if any are needed.

Thanks if anyone can help!
Brad

Re: [Mk2] [NA] No power to headunit. Was working before. All fuses are good

Post by Brad »

Alright got my hands on a multi meter turns out it was the earth so I have made a new one. Now to figuer out the beep

Return to “ICE and Security”