www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] injectors not working..... help needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amebb

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] injectors not working..... help needed... Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi there.

I have just rebuilt my mr2 after replacing the head gasket.

When I come to start the car it turns but dosnt start.

I have checked the timing. it's as it should be. I have checked ignition leads.... all good. I have checked the sparks... all good.

I even put some petrol into the manifold to check. the car started for about 2secs then died again.

Now, the injectors are working OK. I can hear them ticking when I apply 12v to them.

Yes, I have fuel too and the pumps working too.

Any thing else I need to check ?

Thanks
mr2garageswindon

Feedback Score: 1

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Plug leads on in the right order?
gnzyza
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Check the dizzy is not 180 out
Amebb

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi I have inserted the dizzy as it should be, where the notches all align up etc etc ...

The ignition lead sequence is run from the dizzy cap where the cap is numbered 1 - 4 and i have taken the ignition leads from 1 to spark plug 1, 2 to spark plug 2 etc ....
the number one spark being at the front of the engine...

Is this correct or have i missed anything here ??

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: