[Mk2] [Turbo] Coilover Advice

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AdamNorris

[Mk2] [Turbo] Coilover Advice

Post by AdamNorris »

I am in need of replacing my rear coilovers on my mk2 rev 2 turbo, it currently has teins on them but the rears are leaking and are pretty knackered, what are your guys recommendation on which coilovers to get? I will be going on tracks a few times and year but mostly driving on the road. Cheers
Mike N

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Coilover Advice

Post by Mike N »

I have TEIN's on my car with much lighter spring rates

Front 170lb

Rear 280lb

It handles very well.
MR2Jimmy

Post by MR2Jimmy »

I am running blitz at the moment.
comes standard spring rate is
F 5kg

R 12kg
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I've got H&R coilovers
F 170lb/in (3.0kg/mm)
R 340lb/in (6.0kg/mm)
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Running BC's with the 4/6KG spring option. Need to raise mine a little as it's a tad too low for the amount of movement the springs allow - I'm wearing holes in the front arch liners!

Been happy with them so far, about 50-60k miles in over 2 years. I'd like to try one with the 5/8KG springs fitted and see what the difference actually is.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

HSD monopro, 6/10kg springs, I've had 3 sets of HSD's on different cars now and for the money there's nothing better (in my opinion)

Personally I think the 6/10 springs are ideal for the car, I've got my dampers set to 6/16 stiffness and the ride is firm but not bouncy or crashy. They monopro' also have camber adjustable top mounts too which is very handy.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I have a set of KYB Gymkhana coilies for sale in the next couple of weeks. The last MOT indicated the fronts were a mist or little damp - looked fine to me and drove fine but being fair selling for £200. Just an option to get you going back on the road cheaply if interested :thumleft:
AdamNorris

Post by AdamNorris »

Thanks for the responses guys, what do you think about Meister Rs? Heard some good reviews equally the HSDs don't seem to have any faults.

Return to “Modifications”