Does this Mk3 look ok?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

japaneseskoda

Does this Mk3 look ok?

Post by japaneseskoda »

Thinking about going to look at this as its down the road. Is it about the right price? Do they have any issues on a 56 plate? Is 80,000 miles ok for a mk3. Only had mk1 and 2 before so don't know what to think or look for, current a rev3 turbo nut just fancy a change and a open top car. Can the expperts see anything I should caution about? Thank you people https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/genuin ... 1178401784
MilesH

Re: Does this Mk3 look ok?

Post by MilesH »

If that is genuine then it is a good price for a late car.

There are a few things to check, but rather than me spending ages typing I would log onto www.mr2roc.org and read the buyers guide, it will save me repeating it all :)
japaneseskoda

Post by japaneseskoda »

Thanks for this. I'm so out of the mk3 game I just don't know what to consider, but as you state it does look a decent price. As far as I can make out it is the revamped model being a later one, if I go check it out I'll check for mayonnaise under the filler cap and on the dipstick. Tell the truth I do like the Mk2 sitting outside right now because it is really well screwed together and off roundabouts goes like stink. But I have never been too keen on the handling, while me mk1 was just amazing to drive and when it went back side you could catch it the mk2 is not as well balanced (semi scary tbh) and do hope can find that perfect balance in a mk3.
MilesH

Post by MilesH »

How did the viewing go?
japaneseskoda

Post by japaneseskoda »

Not yet. Been toying with the idea,checking up on iffy things to look out for, like these precats things that look like they can cause trouble. Also the misses has had a go at me about the amount of junk (as she calls it) that has to make way (semi deceased Talbot 1986 camper and mk2 turbo) before I can get another vehicle on the drive. May see if its still for sale in a few days, its hard as can't afford the mk2 as well as the mk3 so will have to sell the mk2 and even though it is pretty scary at high speeds and showing rust on the door it is still incredibly reliable and one part of the brain says better the devil you know, while the other says get something a little more modern and finalize you twoing by having a mk3 and get back to enjoying cornering like you did in the mk1. It really is a tricky one

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”