[Mk2] [Turbo] power fc fuel cut

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

macca84

[Mk2] [Turbo] power fc fuel cut

Post by macca84 »

Hi all, does anyone know if the power fc controls/eliminates fuel cut on a rev3? I'm having it fitted and mapped next week and wanted to know what boost I can run. My engine and turbo are stock with bolt on mods. Cheers in advance
C35Rob

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] power fc fuel cut

Post by C35Rob »

Yes it does, it can be adjusted via the commander or through FCedit/copilot

The general accepted limit of the stock turbo is 1.2ish bar, your mapper will/should make sure that whatever he sets the max boost at is within the capabilities of the injectors to supply fuel and that you're not getting knock.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
macca84

power fc fuel cut

Post by macca84 »

Yeah just as I thought. Cheers mate :D
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

C35Rob wrote:Yes it does, it can be adjusted via the commander or through FCedit/copilot

The general accepted limit of the stock turbo is 1.2ish bar, your mapper will/should make sure that whatever he sets the max boost at is within the capabilities of the injectors to supply fuel and that you're not getting knock.

Slight HiJack but while we are on the subject I pulled this from the web

Whilst there is no official Apexi plug in Anti Lag and Datalogit Antilag is broken you can do a "poor mans antilag". This is at zero cost and is merely amusing and a bit of fun, I don't think it does any good (and might not be safe).

1. SETTING
2. IGN MAP
3. Change the top row (row P01) to be all zero's (the number 0) for IGN timing.
4. Drive around and listen to the car pop and backfire on gearchange

This is because on gear change the AFM momentarily drops its air when the throttle body closes so AFM drops into load point P01 (most times, not %100). So the result is, the engine drops to 0deg IGN timing for a split second and it pops and backfires on gearchange, race car style. This may not be safe and suitable for ceramic exhaust wheel'd turbo cars as it could cause exhaust wheel failure from heat. Logic says it should bring on boost a bit quicker but it doesn't appear to do squat. Traditional anitlag backs off timing on gearchange and dumps fuel, but keeps the throttle nailed so keep exhaust gas flowing.

Anyway try it and impress your friends. I have this applied to my car still after about a year and everything is still fine - standard turbo is still in tact etc

Can I change the settings and do this on a rev 3 turbo ? , just interested in the results and have full intensions of returning to current settings after experimenting.
As you are the man when it comes to power fcs Rob can I safely follow these instructions ? I don't have an AFM so will that stop me in my tracks ?
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

C35Rob wrote:Yes it does, it can be adjusted via the commander or through FCedit/copilot

Can you do anything to the fuel regulator to get more out of the standard injectors?
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

Can you do anything to the fuel regulator to get more out of the standard injectors?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

blogsy wrote:

The standard FPR is not adjustable. You can get adjustable fuel pressure regulators, but increasing the fuel pressure may have a negligible effect if you are on a standard fuel pump too, as you will probably be running out of pump too. It's kind of 'accepted' that the limit of the stock injectors and fuel pump are also around the same sort of power level as the turbo (1.2 bar ~ 300bhp) people do run the stock injectors at higher powers but at much less than ideal duty cycles. You'd be much better spending your money on a set of bigger injectors and a 255lph fuel pump.

@Martin, if you're just after noise and flames then yes, forcing the timing back like that will definitely induce it, it won't do anything at all for performance and isn't something i'd recommend tbh, one of the many theories on block cracking was that IGN timing retarded too far to suppress knock moves the peak cyl pressure moment down to when the piston is much further down the bore and therefore in an area to where the weaker area of cyl wall is exposed. There is another way of inducing pops and bangs, I'll pm you
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

C35Rob wrote:

@Martin, if you're just after noise and flames then yes, forcing the timing back like that will definitely induce it, it won't do anything at all for performance and isn't something i'd recommend tbh, one of the many theories on block cracking was that IGN timing retarded too far to suppress knock moves the peak cyl pressure moment down to when the piston is much further down the bore and therefore in an area to where the weaker area of cyl wall is exposed. There is another way of inducing pops and bangs, I'll pm you

Thanks Rob, I will be leaving things as they are in that case :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”