REV 1 GT - @ Back Home

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CRAIGROBBO

Re: REV 1 GT - @ Back Home

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi C35Rob,

Basically it will be with Jamie until the Top Feed Kit arrives from ATS Racing Next 7-10 Days fingers crossed.

Nothing has been straight forward with this build when it comes to timescales! :cry:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Bet you're excited it's nearly there Craig! :lol:
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Gullzter - Yeah cant wait mate! Its been a long time coming :lol:

A few picks of the engine bay & boot mount....

C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

That looks nice, the black looks really subtle..

It looks like the vac line from the dump valve is connected to the top port (I.e the boost controller port) on your tial waste gate though?
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

C35Rob wrote:That looks nice, the black looks really subtle..

It looks like the vac line from the dump valve is connected to the top port (I.e the boost controller port) on your tial waste gate though?

Hi Rob,

Yeah the boost line has been changed now as the Syvecs boost solenoid has now been plumbed in.

There has been a few other changes sine that picture but it gives you an idea :thumleft:

Cheers Craig
JD

Post by JD »

That looks freakin awesome Craig.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Wicked work bud .. id buy that for a dollar :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Looking great fella :D

I also love that KO R1 exhaust. After hearing Josh's on the Le Mans trip, it sounds rather fruity. :twisted:
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Just had a nice package arrive from the states.... Thanks to ATS Racing.

Just need to drop these down at EvoTune for fitting and they can finish off the base map and MOT the car.... Getting excited/nervous now.

:thumleft:

Cheers Craig
2mad

Post by 2mad »

pretty :mrgreen:

:clap:
ads

Post by ads »

really looking forward to outcome ... don't know what it is about this car in particular it just appeals to me
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi All,

Well I've had the car home for just over 1 week and it has a basic map so I can get some miles on the engine.

I've done around 170miles with no issues other than a small weap from the sump - It's going in Wenesday to get the sump taken off cleaned and re-sealed & new bolts.

Starts on the button and drives spot on, no smoke rattles or knocks.

It's off Saturday to get some of the custom IC Piping modified to get a lip put on each end just to help them stay in place once the boost gets turned up.

I've got to make a under scoop for the IC and then fit an exit scoop on the boot lid facing backwards to let the air flow through.

Planning on getting these odd jobs done over the next few weeks then get her back for final mapping in September time! See what she does

Cheers Craig :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Good stuff mate, been following on FB :thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

CRAIGROBBO wrote:Hi All,

Well I've had the car home for just over 1 week and it has a basic map so I can get some miles on the engine.

I've done around 170miles with no issues other than a small weap from the sump - It's going in Wenesday to get the sump taken off cleaned and re-sealed & new bolts.

Starts on the button and drives spot on, no smoke rattles or knocks.

It's off Saturday to get some of the custom IC Piping modified to get a lip put on each end just to help them stay in place once the boost gets turned up.

I've got to make a under scoop for the IC and then fit an exit scoop on the boot lid facing backwards to let the air flow through.

Planning on getting these odd jobs done over the next few weeks then get her back for final mapping in September time! See what she does

Cheers Craig :thumleft:

congrats mate, hope it's all worth it once it's been back and mapped properly. was good to meet you at evotune too! :thumleft:
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi Rob,

Yeah was good to catch you @ Evotune the other week, What were you final figures on the Dyno then? Bet it feels pretty damn quick.

MR2 dropped off this morning for sump removal and re-fitting due to a small leak.

Sump is brand new and will get cleaned and re-sealed with new bolt kit.

Just ordered new oil from OpieOils for the swap across from Mineral to Synthetic.

Cheers Craig
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what the power curve on this will be :twisted:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

CRAIGROBBO wrote:Hi Rob,

Yeah was good to catch you @ Evotune the other week, What were you final figures on the Dyno then? Bet it feels pretty damn quick.

MR2 dropped off this morning for sump removal and re-fitting due to a small leak.

Sump is brand new and will get cleaned and re-sealed with new bolt kit.

Just ordered new oil from OpieOils for the swap across from Mineral to Synthetic.

Cheers Craig

we stopped at 330 due to my ISCV giving up the ghost, that was just sorting the AFR's out, the ign table is still quite retarded so I need to go back to finish it off, going to fit my water injection kit first though. the car is pretty nippy but I want a lot more from it :thumleft:
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

I have just been looking @ Water Meth Kits but not sure what to do at the moment?...

The only attraction for me on these kits is any safety factor they can add rather than extra HP.

Will speak with Jamie and ask what kit will work best through the Syvecs and decide what to do from there.

Cheers Craig
2mad

Post by 2mad »

CRAIGROBBO wrote:I have just been looking @ Water Meth Kits but not sure what to do at the moment?...

Buy a meth kit im sure you know my stance on them ... enjoy being a meth head :eye: .. and the extra protection and hp ...

CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

2mad wrote:
CRAIGROBBO wrote:I have just been looking @ Water Meth Kits but not sure what to do at the moment?...

Buy a meth kit im sure you know my stance on them ... enjoy being a meth head :eye: .. and the extra protection and hp ...

Hi 2mad,

Which meth kit are you running?

Return to “Member Profiles”