www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Generic] Left door Speakers not working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hippidy
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

1992 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Generic] Left door Speakers not working. Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all,
As the title says the left door speakers aren't working.
Things I've tried:
Testing wires from amp to plug inside the door, both fine.
Testing wires from head unit to amp, both fine.

Swapping the left and right outputs on the head unit, this played the sound from the left channel on the right speaker, but left door speaker did nothing.

Another amp from eBay, this worked for all of 30 seconds and then the left channel stopped working again.

Have I got really unlucky and bought another dud amp, or is there likely to be something causing them to blow?
nathan.z
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If the left channel works on the right speaker then it has to be the passenger side wiring or the speaker itself. Common wire breaks are in the door hinge, I'd look at running a fresh wire from the inner loom in the passenger footwell first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: