Mr2 rev5 no keys immobiliser problem

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dallymr2

Mr2 rev5 no keys immobiliser problem

Post by Dallymr2 »

Hi all this is my first ever post so please be kind!
So... I've brought a rev5 with no keys, I've now done a rev2 turbo conversion engine and ecu. I was told to keep the n/a rev5 passenger footwell loom in and do some ecu re wiring with I am yet to find out (if any ones knows??)

But my main problem at the moment seems to be the immobiliser
I've had a key cut to fit the ignition and it turns the engine over but I've no dash lights or car electrics and the security light is on dash and indicators flash

I've tried to sync a new fob to TVSS but think it needs to be deactivated first maybe??? Please help
stuMR2lee

Re: Mr2 rev5 no keys immobiliser problem

Post by stuMR2lee »

The immobiliser on a Rev5 is built into the ECU so you are going to have some fun getting it to work.

My car (Rev5 with Rev3 Turbo conversion) came with the immobilser and central locking wiring all ripped out. This I since found out is not necessary.

I wrote a guide that utilises the passenger side Turbo wiring loom. Obviously there are other ways to do it but this is how my car came.

My guide may give you some pointers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8LEni ... p=drivesdk

Return to “ICE and Security”