Garrett GT3071R

MR2 related parts for sale that are not for a specific Mk

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Garrett GT3071R

Post by Ryan S »

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-GTX3071 ... 87242?nav=

This is reconditioned. This is usually an internally gated version of the 3071r but it has the billet wheel added and a T3 non wastegate housing. The original cast centre had a damaged oil feed so swapped out for a generic one. The exhaust housing and centre housing are from turbolab in the states. I can provide the old parts if necessary for peace of mind. Turbo is rated to 480bhp WITHOUT the billet wheel!

All the housing changes etc are documented in my build thread. As you may know this was on my own car until I decided it wasn't going to be enough for what I wanted!

Decent offers welcomed, Just want rid of this bloody thing!!
pandb2

Re: Garrett GT3071R

Post by pandb2 »

Pm me your best price and if you have any of the parts too fit this like manifold too etc please
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

pandb2 wrote:Pm me your best price and if you have any of the parts too fit this like manifold too etc please

I somehow missed this post. Apologies! There's nothing else included with it for fitting i'm afraid.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-GTX3071 ... ING_ACTIVE

Back on ebay. First decent offer takes it!
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Ryan, In dumbo talk, is this a genuine, bog standard fitting externally gated 3071R?

If i bought a brand new one off the shelf... what would be different? If i got a ATS 3071 kit, would this fit perfectly?

Cheers mate
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

It is yeah but as per the description, the exhaust side is more like a gt28 (bigger than any of the gt28s though). It's a gt3071r-wg, there's loooooads of info on google about it. It also has a billet compressor wheel added. It's by no means a direct fit for an mr2, you would need a custom made downpipe but you'd need a custom made one for just about any aftermarket turbo. :thumleft:

If you bought a kit there's no reason this wouldn't fit. Bear in mind the fitting for the downpipe is a v-band!
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Cheers Ryan - not that clued up yet on turbos..... think i'll want to outgrow the td06 pretty quick
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:Cheers Ryan - not that clued up yet on turbos..... think i'll want to outgrow the td06 pretty quick

This will do 480bhp without the billet wheel and i've no doubt it will spool much faster than a TD06 or a CT20. I'm actually almost tempted to keep it. If it didn't need a water feed I would have just kept hold of it as it would be easy enough to switch between the Borg Warner and this one!

Return to “Parts for Sale (not Mk-specific)”