3vz swap into rev 3 na

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

3vz swap into rev 3 na

Post by markstevieandmads »

Need a bit of help guys as never done one of these before...

My bro in law bought a rev 3 Na.
He also bought a 3vz conversion package off eBay which came with everything to supposedly plug and play.

Anyway we have the engine in and everything wired up and it turns over fine and firing but wasn't staying running for more than a second.

Reading Paul woods idiots guide it seemed we had a spare green/red wire which came from the AFM end of plug and supposed to connect the mr2 loom which is connected to green/red wire in the cor relay in the fuse box.

We located the green red wire from fusebox for relay but can't find it anywhere in the loom. It doesn't go to any of the plugs we have in the boot by the ECU.
We temp ran a wire from AFM end connector and connected to the cor relay correct terminal and all was well and it ran fine.
However ,we would like to find where that green/red wire from the cor relay goes as it isn't in the boot.

So thats issue one....

Issue two... Clutch hits the floor like it needs bleeding. We tried bleeding but it still hits the floor.

Issue three... Water pipe work....how does that go...

Issue four... Vacumn pipes... Does anyone have a diagram as we seem to have spare pipes everywhere lol

Thanks
P Chambers Motor and Body
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: 3vz swap into rev 3 na

Post by P Chambers Motor and Body »

which guide you have sounds like the cor not wired in right
markstevieandmads

Following the Paul woods guide.

By running a temp wire from AFM pin 1 to the green/red terminal on the cor relay in the fusebox it runs fine.
However it does say to connect the green/red at the ECU end but there is none. Tried continuity test to all available wires in boot and none go to the green/red at the cor relay in the fusebox. It just disappears lol. I don't fancy unwrapping the wyooe loom just to find this wire.

On the old mr2 loom there was a green/red wire that went from cor relay to ECU but that was removed with the old 3sge engine. And we are used by the loom which came with the v6 engine...this was removed from a mr2 conversion.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Hi, just give me a ring on Tuesday at the garage and i will talk you through the whole thing, it's better it comes from the horses mouth and i really don't mind helping. :thumleft: 0191 3770962
markstevieandmads

PW@Woodsport wrote:Hi, just give me a ring on Tuesday at the garage and i will talk you through the whole thing, it's better it comes from the horses mouth and i really don't mind helping. :thumleft: 0191 3770962

Really appreciate it Paul. Will do.thanks very much. I will get my bro in law to ring as its his car and I'm only popping there a couple of hrs a day. His name is Adam. Thanks again.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Hi, Adam didn't call, are you guys sorted then?
markstevieandmads

PW@Woodsport wrote:Hi, Adam didn't call, are you guys sorted then?

Thanks Paul. I did pass on your number.its all up and running now. Just waiting on some downpipe or something to fab up an exhaust.
I think we are all sorted.
Thanks for the offer.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Good stuff, if you need anything further just ask. :thumleft:
markstevieandmads

PW@Woodsport wrote:Good stuff, if you need anything further just ask. :thumleft:

Cheers Paul
markstevieandmads

Sorted an exhaust for it...runs very well.

thanks to all.

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”