Horny Screaming Chicken? :)

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikeijay

Horny Screaming Chicken? :)

Post by mikeijay »

Apologies if its been asked a gazzilion times, has anyone with an aftermarket steering wheel know of a place on the interwebs that does custom horn caps? I would love to replace the standard momo horn cap for the famous screaming chicken!

I cant find anywhere that seems to offer this. Has anyone had a go making their own? \:D/
"...But we can still own these old MR2s & feel hopeful because every line of this car is still pointing to an affirmative future"
kaiowas

Re: Horny Screaming Chicken? :)

Post by kaiowas »

The owner of one of the cars I had in the past had a load printed onto adhesive foil and had then stuck them onto the wheel center caps etc. I'm sure something similar could be applied to a horn push if you were so inclined. Unfortunately I seem to recall that he'd got a weird idea in his head that there were some copyright implications to using the logo and had deliberately had them made back to front as some kind of "work around". He'd had the seats recovered and had had the logos stitched into the headrests in reverse as well! I've still got the remains of the sheet in a drawer somewhere if you were interested.

Alternatively there are plenty of places online that will custom make those resin dome badges to your specification.
mikeijay

Post by mikeijay »

Thanks - adhesive foil sounds like an great suggestion idea! Didn't think of that.

I was never a fan of the domed sticker that VW used to slap onto their steering wheels about 12 years ago so I was thinking of going the vinyl route to make it flush, but foil is way better!

I love the sound of stitching the lil' chicky onto the headrests - very Alfa!
"...But we can still own these old MR2s & feel hopeful because every line of this car is still pointing to an affirmative future"
subby

Post by subby »

I have bought center caps for my wheels from signdezine, so they already have the logo on file:-

CUSTOM FILE NAME - MR2Screaming-chicken-Chrome-on-black-1

They might be able to make you up a flat sticker.

I don't have enough posts to post an URL apparently, so work out the address from them being a company in the uk :)
mikeijay

Post by mikeijay »

Thanks Subby - I found their site and on the case :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”