Mk1 Alarm Wiring Diagram?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikeijay

Mk1 Alarm Wiring Diagram?

Post by mikeijay »

Hi There

Thought I would take my MK1 into the 21st Century and fit an alarm with remote locking this weekend. The company I picked my kit from provide an excellent wiring diagram with all the locations of the wires... except I've just realised its for a 1992 Mk2! Whoops! ](*,)

I went with a Hawk 240-M which I couldn't find bad word about them and they are based only 15 mins from my house. Really helpful guys - except they are closed on the weekend.

I'll be able to get the correct diagram when they open on Monday but just wanted to see if there was any links online to a diagram? I found a couple of PDFs but the URL had expired?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
"...But we can still own these old MR2s & feel hopeful because every line of this car is still pointing to an affirmative future"
jimi

Re: Mk1 Alarm Wiring Diagram?

Post by jimi »

I've scanned my copy of the Toyota MK1 Electrical diagrams, you can download a pdf copy here
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ocdownloads/Zip%20Files/

BTW many MK1's (including mine) had remote central locking back in the 20th century :wink: in fact mine has remote window closure and puts on the interior light when you unlock remotely :D
mikeijay

Post by mikeijay »

Thank you so much Jimi - I really appreciate it! :)

Wow, that's so cool you have a factory fitted remote locking system! I'm curious to see what the key fob looks like? Now I know it exsists id love to one day find one and retrofit! :lol:

Thanks again!
"...But we can still own these old MR2s & feel hopeful because every line of this car is still pointing to an affirmative future"
jimi

Post by jimi »

It's not factory fitted, MK1's didn't come with a factory fitted alarm/central locking system.
Mine originally had a Scorpion system fitted (seems to have been a common dealer fitted system) which was replaced in 2003 with an Autowatch 346 RLI alarm/immobiliser with central locking and a single zone microwave interior movement detector. I added the auto window closure and interior light mods myself.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”