[FINALIZED] Red '96 rev 3 tintop turbo import. chargecooled, toms stuff, coilovers, etc

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

Red '96 rev 3 tintop turbo import. chargecooled, toms stuff, coilovers, etc

Post by Nails »

So I've been threatening this for quite some time now to anyone that would listen lol. If you haven't already heard or seen me bleating on I don't want to sell it, but I now have 2 kids and I need to be able to drop them off on the way to work(missus starts much earlier than me), obviously I need more seats, and if I don't use it for work then it probably wont get used at all, last year I had one night out in it, 1 trip to hartside café and 1 trip to a meet. I simply don't have time to look after it and use it :(

I currently use my third car (diesel clio) pretty much all year round, as this car has always been kept off the road come winter time.

Ive had it since feb 2011, previous owner was a member on here and this is were I bought it from. Imported 2003. 1996 model.

Will have to check but think its around 122,000 on the clock, working out around 97k actual miles

Very clean car, you can see in the members ride thread Ive linked pics with the skirts off, no rot on this one. I think with it being a tintop they let a whole less water inside and more importantly no drain tubes draining into the seals. Mark my words the tintops will outlive the leaky T-bars (Ive had 2 T-bars previously, this is why I bought a tin top third time round)

Car runs great as can see by the power graph, reasonably low boost compared to some and never been run higher by me (or anyone as the tvis was still working until I fitted the ebc last year), no leaks or smoke and doesn't use oil

Much of the car has been refurbed, brakes, lines, calipers, cables, ball joints, drop links, boots, brake fluid, clutch fluid, cambelt, new mast, aux belt, new alt, coil etc, most things you would expect a 20 year old car to have been sorted, saving you a lot of time and money in the future.

Mods are off the top of my head, all of them have been done by me bar the coilovers.

Tein coilovers and adjustable topmounts
Upgraded discs and pads
Correctly staggered Advans, 8x17s and 9x17 which sit very nice in the arches.
Radtec chargecooler
Berk decat
Fjusibo legalis exhaust
biltz bov
Greddy EBC
ARC induction box
Toms rear bumper
Toms skirts and winglets
Toms rear spoiler
Aeroware front splitter
Yellow lower fogs
Defi style boost, oil pressure, oil temp gaues
Digital gauge for inlet temps
11" fan in raintray
Pioneer double din headunit with usb aux in, maybe Bluetooth also?
Pioneer 4 channel amp powering focal utopia midranges with rainbow tweeters and crossovers
MTX 10" sub in custom MR2 box
Retrimmed driverside seat, excellent condition passengerside

I sure theres much more, the link below to my members rides is pretty good to get the overall picture of how its been looked after, its the third tubby Ive owned too, and really its been looked after regardless of cost.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Theres a few things still need sorting, the battery backed up alarm siren has died and this is draining the battery, if you don't drive the car for a about 3 days it'll go flat, it would seem the siren is replaceable and this was the route I was going to take.

It needs a geo doing after replacing the droplinks/balljoints/track rod ends at the end of last year.

The oil pressure gauge is acting up, sometimes it doesn't show any, other times its at the other end, Im pretty sure this is a bad earth, but I have a spare unmarked dash should you wish to get rid of the gauges altogether.

It could do with a pair of rear tyres, theyre still legal but down to around 3mm.

For some pics

The car is currently insured but stored under cover, no tax, MOT is due in sept.

The price? Ive found it hard to judge, but baring in mind the condition and specification of the car, plus after seeing what some worse ones have gone for Im looking for £5995 ono.
Location wise Im smack bang in the middle of sunderland and durham, if you wish to fly or get a train here I can arrange to collect you.

Apart from the very minor bugs Ive mentioned this is now a car to be enjoyed, and looked after, if they are ever to be a true classic then surely this should be one of them to survive and appreciate.
aussieGT

Re: [FINALIZED] Red '96 rev 3 tintop turbo import. chargecooled, toms stuff, coilovers, etc

Post by aussieGT »

ooh thats nice.
androo007

Re: [FINALIZED] Red '96 rev 3 tintop turbo import. chargecooled, toms stuff, coilovers, etc

Post by androo007 »

Worth every penny. Wow what a nice one.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

having seen this car in person I can vouch for it, it's super clean, probably better than it looks in the pics - someone will be very happy with this :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Stunning car, i remember when the front end came off a while back to clean underneath :lol:
Absolute beauty for someone,

Chris, you better get on this :eye:
puku

Post by puku »

O M G

i bought my first MR2 from Steve - i highly recommend this seller - very high quality and reliable work...

this car is absolutly worth... if you seen the high quality parts - you will know its absolutly bargain...
Legit

Post by Legit »

PM'd and dibs :thumleft:
headrushuk

:)

Post by headrushuk »

swaps lol
JLW

Post by JLW »

One of the best I've seen for sale in a while, price is bang on.
Absolute stunner !
JLW

Post by JLW »

One of the best I've seen for sale in a while, price is bang on.
Absolute stunner !
Nails

Post by Nails »

Thanks for the kind words. My son had a few tears this morning and I felt like having some to when it drove off into its new life.
Hits home to see it out in normal traffic how much they stand out.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Legit

Return to “MR2s for Sale”