[FINALIZED] 1995 Rev3 tintop Turbo

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

parker455

1995 Rev3 tintop Turbo

Post by parker455 »

Today marks a sad but exciting day, my 2 is up for sale! The reason for sale is simple, I’m going on a one-off trip to Lake Tahoe snowboarding with my mates and to fund it I’ve downgraded to a normal motor for a while. I also needed to draw a line with expenses so running a 21 year old turbocharged car just isn’t viable at the moment. Not to say I won’t ever have a 2 again (I will!), but it’s got to be done. We had a house move in September and I’ve also found working on the car difficult with lack of space.

Rev 3 Turbo
Imported in 2002
3 owners on logbook
Reading 80k miles, but this is a mixture (car was imported with 56k km’s I believe, will have to check).
MOT End of Aug 2016 - Passed no advisories last time.
Based in Billericay, Essex

Backstory behind the car - The motor came from a lady who’d owned it from import in 2002. The car was totally original and untouched, it was then sold to a friend of mine who bought 2 MR2’s because she couldn’t decide which one to keep (lol). I then purchased from her, so the ownership shows on the logbook, but in reality it’s only been owned by 2 people since import. I’ve had it since July and it’s the 3rd MR2 I’ve owned.

My reason for buying this was after fully rebuilding another 2 from the shell up, the engine I had built was running dog rough and I couldn’t put any more money into it, this stuck out as it was A) Original and B) Rust free. The previous owner had smoked in it, so all of the interior has been aqua vacced, the air blower system cleaned thoroughly then Ozone cleaned to remove any smells. This now smells fresh and just like any other 2!

In buying this I transferred all of the good bits from both of my other 2 cars onto this with the help of good friend from the MR2OC, so that included:
New brakes all round
New brake lines all round
New pads
Freshly powdercoated Subframe
Exhaust
Intercooler
BOV
Apexi intake
Momo wheel
Wheels
TRD Anti roll bars (freshly powdered)

The car has the 3SFE front bumper and rev1/2 rear spoiler. The car IS a genuine Rev 3 turbo, but the previous owners put these items on. I personally like the rev1 spoiler at the rear as it suits the car well.

Service history with the car was nil, but the engine is very healthy, starting first time every time and pulling to the red line. It’s had 3 oil changes since I’ve owned it with the last being in November. Due to this, all the consumables got replaced and the engine had a belt and clutch change in November too by Pacific works. Fuel filter was done at this time too.

They noted at how clean the underside of the car was and how easy it was to work on, eyes lit up when they opened the engine bay!

The suspension was all rebuilt around the same time too, using spax springs, bilstein shocks (best out of 3 sets I had!) and new front top mounts. Rear mounts were in good condition. This coupled with the TRD ARB’s makes a very very well handling car, but not too firm on the road. The leather recaro’s and Defi gauges throughout make the interior, with TRD shift knob and Momo wheel. This is a real drivers car and it’s rewarding when you get it right.
I used it on track on 5th december at snetterton and was surprised by how quick it was, it was reliable all day and I haven’t had any problems with it in my ownership.

Tyres were all replaced around October/Nov - Hankook Ventus Evo 215/40/17 up front and Maxxis MAZ-1 235/45/17 up rear.
Wheels are Sparco Crimson Inc 17’s, will dig out the specs of them but they fill the arches well with no rubbing. Very JDM.
Air con is working, needs re-gas after engine removal, but it 100% works and was a blessing over summer!
HKS Hi power exhaust is deep but you can hold a conversation in the cabin which is lovely!

Every car has its bad points:

Paint - This is the one thing that lets the car down, it’s a real shame but before my ownership it had a bad job done, don’t get me wrong it cleans up nice and shines well in the sun, but theres a fair amount of lacquer peel and the paint is thin in areas. Notably the passenger side rear quarter/door/front quarter and the drivers side door. Otherwise it’s OK. Front splitter has a few scuffs from being low.

Aerial not working - This sprung a leak on me due to previous bodyshops fitment of the rev1/2 spoiler, the original hole was cut to fit the spoiler. If you was to have the car painted then I’d recommend sorting this at the same time. I have a spare cut from a breaker for an aerial hole. This never bothered me as I just used the Kenwood radio for AUX music.

That’s pretty much all I can think of, anything it’s needed I’ve done, it was a daily driver and has been so reliable.

Spec list is as follows:

Exterior:
3sfe front bumper
Rev1/2 spoiler
Wheels: Crimson Inc Sparco 17” Brand new tyres in october
Osram Nightbreaker lights

Interior:
Defi Gauges throughout - Water temp, Oil temp, Pressure, boost and AEM Wideband AFR - AEM
Momo Evo wheel
Snap off boss
Kenwood Double din touchscreen radio
Recaro style Leathers
TRD shift knob
Genuine MR-S spyder mats
Anniversary Sill covers
Alpine speakers with Sony Tweeters (Correct spacer used to fit to the door)

Engine:
HKS Hi Power exhaust
Apexi Power intake
Blitz BOV
Breather filter
Greddy style sidemount and pipework
Powder coated X brace
Polished intake hot pipe
NGK BKR7E (higher boost if needed)
EBC included with sale, not wired in.
Never run at a higher boost pressure.
1bar boost with the mods.
Decat downpipe

Suspension:
Rebuilt in October
New front top mounts, good condition rears
Spax 40mm springs
Black Bilstein dampers
TRD ARB’s - 25mm front and rear (very rare!)
Rear subframe powder coated

Brakes:
Fully rebuilt in July 2015
EBC Ultimax pads
OEM disks
DOT5.1 fluid (new in July 15)
Work flawlessly, no binding brakes for years to come!

Rust - No rust, clean example.
Price: £3500 ono (Price dependant on mods included).

ImageIMG_9346 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0342 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9117 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0573 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0387 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

Will come with boxes of spares that I’ve got, this would fix 99% of issues you might encounter and all the old bolts from my breaker too.
tokyoturbo

Re: [FINALIZED] 1995 Rev3 tintop Turbo

Post by tokyoturbo »

Hi, have you got any photos of the underside and engine bay?

Re the aerial hole - is this something that's been leaking all the time and letting water in ?
Thanks.
parker455

Post by parker455 »

I should have, I'll have a dig for you this evening when I'm home.

No I sealed it all off when I got it, the car was dry stored up until I got it so barely ever saw rain. :thumleft:
parker455

Post by parker455 »

Pics of the underside:
ImageIMG_9434 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9437 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9436 by Tom Parker, on Flickr
Jamie-mkii

Post by Jamie-mkii »

Hi mate do you have any pictures of the engine bay? Also what ebc do you have that comes with it?
And when you say price dependant on mods what sort of mods are we talking about here?
And lastly are the search wheels a staggered fitment it is it just the tyres that are staggered

Cheers
parker455

Post by parker455 »

Jamie-mkii wrote:Hi mate do you have any pictures of the engine bay? Also what ebc do you have that comes with it?
And when you say price dependant on mods what sort of mods are we talking about here?
And lastly are the search wheels a staggered fitment it is it just the tyres that are staggered

Cheers

Hi Mate,

Thought I'd stuck one up, my bad. Here you go:

ImageIMG_9793 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

Currently it's got a HKS bov rather than the blitz one as a friend had that off me. The TRD ARB's are going this weekend and the defi's are coming out unless you wanted them.

The wheels could go and the ARB's are having stock rev 3's put on there this weekend. Seats may go depending on price. Everything will go back to stock format.

I'd be able to stick some 300zx wheels on there with good rubber I believe.

With those pulled off £2700. With the wheels/defi's still in there and the seats I'm willing to have some movement as it's less work for me then.

Tyres are staggered and I believe the wheels are too, I can't find the original listing I bought them from a few years back but I remember them being staggered I think. Sit well in the arches, don't need any spacers.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

why so far away? Dont suppose your coming up north with it are you??? lol
parker455

Post by parker455 »

Not any time soon it has to go within 2 weeks come down this way and drive it back! :thumleft:
parker455

Post by parker455 »

Took these yesterday after giving it a clean etc.

ImageIMG_1278 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1281 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1282 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1285 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1287 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1288 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1284 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1283 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1280 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1279 by Tom Parker, on Flickr

Seats and ARB's now sold, both been replaced with stock.
pnelson

Post by pnelson »

Could you post some close ups of any paint fade/peel please?

I was at that track day at Snett in a red N/A and saw you there. Sold my NA yesterday with the plan being to get a rev 3+ turbo and would be interested in having a look. My mate has a vid of a black mr2 going straight on at the end of the back straight! Were you the guy that swapped seats and put them in our garage? He was in a 2 but not sure if you're the same guy.

What seats have you subbed in? Cloth or Leather? ever done a comp. check?
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

I was there as will in the silver Rev5.

Guy who stored the seat was Henry, different red turbo :thumleft:
parker455

Post by parker455 »

Sold, deposit received and collecting tonight. Final test drive got me emotional! :pale:
parker455

Post by parker455 »

Collected today, thanks Ali, enjoy her and look after please :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was tokyoturbo

Return to “MR2s for Sale”