MR2OC Silverstone National Circuit Taster Sessions 6th March 2016

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Woody928

MR2OC Silverstone National Circuit Taster Sessions 6th March 2016

Post by Woody928 »

Hello All,

I must admit I'm not a regular member on imoc but have been known to infrequently visit as it always seems to be a friendly place and great for picking up some MR2 parts. I spend most of my time on MR2OC and attend mainly MR2OC events, however I thought I would see if any fellow mr2 owners were interested in joining in on an event that I’m planning with the MR2OC. As per the title I’m arranging for two track taster sessions on the Silverstone National circuit.

Currently it is planned to run two sessions on 6th March 2016 with the first session at 1.35pm and the second at 2.45pmm these sessions will last 30 minutes each and serve as a great opportunity for those who wish to do some track time who are inexperienced or those who just want a couple of short sessions without doing a full on track day. Any experience level is welcome from someone who has never been on a track to regular track day warriors alike, the idea of this type of session is to try and keep the environment as controlled as possible be only offering places within the owners club where people are more of a known quantity and drive very similar levels of vehicles notwithstanding modifications. Driver tuition is also available on the day for those that wish at extra cost.

The sessions will cost £40 each and we require 15 people in order to make the sessions exclusive to us, currently we have 12 names confirmed for both sessions so are nearly there. I’ve put a link below to the thread on MR2OC with further details if you are interested then post on MR2OC and/or PM me. I’ll try and visit this thread as and when to check if there’s any interest or to answer any questions but in order to keep a track of what’s going on I’d rather it’s all kept in one place.

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/14/164075.html

Cheers
:thumleft:
MR2 Turbo Boy

Re: MR2OC Silverstone National Circuit Taster Sessions 6th March 2016

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Hi bud,

Sounds like a great idea... Count me in..:)
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Great job woody. :thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

I could well be up for this....only slight issue is that its Mothers day....and the wife will need to be convinced!
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Do it Scott, be great t s your beast on th track.
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Bud...

I was so looking forward to this to start 2016 off..

But, I'll have to drop out - the car is just not ready..disappointed is a understatement .. ](*,)
Last edited by MR2 Turbo Boy on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody928

Post by Woody928 »

Apologies for not looking at this sooner and being more active by responding, last chance to join in, deadline for payment in 12am tonight!

Still a couple of places available owing to a couple of people being having to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances.

Drop me a message if your interested, should be a great day.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”