Geo's Rev 3 Turbo (bare shell rebuild)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Geo's Rev 3 Turbo (bare shell rebuild)

Post by GeorgeL »

So I figured I should start this build thread as im going to start work on this in the next 3-4weeks.

My current car, the Rev5 is being used mostly as a development car. However, with it being a UK Rev5 originally, it has a sunroof and extra unwanted weight etc. (Which I don't want)

Pictured:

Thread here: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

I had been toying with removing the sunroof, lightening it and widening it to make it look how I want. However, instead I decided I wanted to start from a blank canvas and build exactly what I want with only what is required onboard.

So... Luckily Craig/RedMR2 was selling his old JDM Rev3 Tintop shell. Perfect :thumleft:

After asking the usual questions I decided it was good enough for what I was looking for.

It was not rotten. To be honest actually my Rev5 is solid underneath and this is better.

This was it once it arrived at YVS Performance (over a year a go I'll add):

As you can see it is literally an empty shell with some stuff sat inside it lol!

In a few weeks I'll either bring the car home to start on the bodywork myself or I'll send it to a my Dad's friends where we can store it and begin to repair any small dents and cut out what isn't needed and get the arches looking a bit more "beefy" before painting. I'll be widening it by quite a bit and aiming to cut quite a bit of weight out of it to try aid in the final product im looking for.

This year I'll be continuing to use my Rev5 and try perfect the build in it and then once this car is ready I'll drop my full engine and running gear into this and job finished. Time to go play :wink:

I haven't decided on the bumper/skirt package im going to use yet as a base to build onto.

Ive got a Genuine Tom's Rear bumper in the garage along with Genuine Tom's skirts and winglets. I could have ordered a Genuine Border front bumper to make it look like my current car but with 100% perfect fitment. (Im fussy)

Or... I could go for an OEM JDM look and use these that I picked up the other weekend.

However, up until now this is all the progress that has been made :lol:

Im planning to swap everything over to this shell towards the end of 2016/early 2017...

I'll keep on top of this thead with detail as and when things happen.
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

TOTB13 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
TOTB14 RWD 1/4mile 3rd place (Misfiring)
TOTB15 RWD 1/4mile 2nd place (HG Failure)
TOTB16 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
craig

Re: Geo's Rev 3 Turbo (bare shell rebuild)

Post by craig »

Tuned in, Nice to know my old tintop will live on :D
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: Geo's Rev 3 Turbo (bare shell rebuild)

Post by JAAASH »

Also tuned in. Looking forward to watching the progress :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “Member Profiles”