Rear droplink wrong length

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

IanClements

Rear droplink wrong length

Post by IanClements »

So, I went to Toyota and they wanted over £100 for one droplink and I couldn't find anything other than a cheapo ebay listing so went for that. It's about 2cm shorter so I didn't fit it for now, I even gave the guy the correct length and he still got it wrong.

I'm not sure how critical the length on the rear's is and it looks like the ARB wouldn't foul on anything else so would appreciate other opinions on whether to fit these or not?

Any pointers to some better droplinks would also be appreciated although I don't want to be cutting and welding links designed for other cars to be honest.

parker455

Re: Rear droplink wrong length

Post by parker455 »

£100 for one droplink, that is a disgrace :pale:

I'd take it back, then go buy a delphi one or similar, they all do the same function.
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

I like Delphi stuff but they don't do rear droplinks unfortunately.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Using droplinks slightly longer/shorter than standard shouldn't be an issue as long there's no tension in the ARB when the car is on flat level ground. If you have bought a pair then fit them both and see how it goes. Just replacing one with a shorter one is probably not a good idea though.

If you're still not happy with them then I'd just get a pair from TCB, their stuff is generally OK and not badly priced.
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

Thanks Kaiowas, I use TCB all the time but they've been having problems getting hold of rear droplinks recently so I had a second one off them but it's failed the MOT after just six months unfortunately.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”