My bubble machine, ugh. MK2 n/a rev2 JDM

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Darkzy433

Re: My bubble machine, ugh. MK2 n/a rev2 JDM

Post by Darkzy433 »

Had a couple of set-backs including a little boo boo which caused the side of my car to be set-on fire and be severely hurting myself in my attempts to put it out. (nothing Major)

I have a broken hip with a DHS (Dynamic Hip Screw) from a recent Motorcycle accident (which led to me getting my 2) my mate while I was spraying brake cleaner thought it'd be a good idea to light a cigarette while crouching down next me watching what I was doing.

Ended up with his hair being singed and me running inside for some water, which then led to me slipping over on the slippery laminate onto my bad hip... Which then led to me crawling whilst crying with a bucket of water to put the car out.. Would of been quite funny in a different situation :mrgreen:

Car is fine, no damage so that's all I care about

The other set-back (more annoying) is the the lower arm -> subframe captive nut inside the subframe has come loose.. So I am in the process of carefully chopping an access panel into the subframe to weld the nut back in and then weld the subframe back up.

But I had the first start of the car yesterday since the clutch job, everything wired up and working although I need to re-wire the speedo sensor as I forgot to unplug i when removing the gearbox (oooops)

Saturday and she will be done.

I've also started spraying over all the panels with bubbles (only with cheap black paint) but it still looks better than it did :D

OH and I've fitted some leather seats as the runners on the old seats were bodged and sealed my t-tops up. Fitted a new momo gearknob and new stereo. And have also filled box with oil and sorted the coolant

All going relatively well..... And i got a Pingi!
Darkzy433

Re: My bubble machine, ugh. MK2 n/a rev2 JDM

Post by Darkzy433 »

I've driven her :O Down on the floor coolant sorted and all feeling good :D

Return to “Member Profiles”