[Mk2] [Turbo] Red engine fan warning symbol

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bigal

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Red engine fan warning symbol

Post by bigal »

bobhatton wrote:
bigal wrote:Replaced the relay or whatever in the boot, still the same, so going to run the car with the sensor disconnected and the fan on all the time.
Got the car up on the ramps to check the 3 wires to the alternator, these seemed fine but noticed I've still got a horrible oil leak after replacing the cam cover gasket and the distributor O ring.
Anyway I'm off to Spain soon until next May so the car will be in the garage until then.
I've had the car for 10 years now and I do love it but at the age of 63 I don't really enjoy working on it any more and so have been thinking of selling it and getting a newer car, maybe a Nissan 350z or an MX5.
Either that or I entrust my car to a garage or someone on here to do me a complete refreshing service/engine rebuild with new seals, all new belts and any wiring issues sorted.
If anyone could suggest anyone who could do this work I would be grateful.
Also contemplating a forged rebuild with all necessary ancillaries or going the whole hog with a GR2-FE engine replacement.

We are doing a number of engine rebuilds this winter and could fits your in if that is the way you want to go.

pm'd :thumleft:
bigal

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Red engine fan warning symbol

Post by bigal »

Still trying to solve this problem.
Could I have incorrectly wired the black and yellow bypass wire to the alternator which I had to do in order to make the alternator work?

Return to “Electrical”