www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
3SGTE T-Bar Turbo Forged Build/Restoration

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donshaleone
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: 3SGTE T-Bar Turbo Forged Build/Restoration Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thought I'd post a build/restoration project thread to keep track of everything that is/is going to be done on a MR2 Turbo I picked up recently.

So the car is a interesting one as it is forged and comes with a wod of paperwork equalling a staggering amount that the previous owner spent on it, then for his reasons it simply got abandoned.

When I got the car it was on 3 space savers and a axle stand!

Here's some of the spec listed by the previous owner (who was actually a member on here)

DTA stand alone ecu
MSD adjustable knock alarm sensor.
ST185 chargecooler kit.
3" decat downpipe.
3" full blueflame exhaust system in mint condition
Uprated knock sensor.
Balanced crank assembly.
Block rebored.
Regrind knife edged crankshaft.
Eagle conrods.
Wisco forged pistons.
HKS 1.6mm head gasket
Upgraded oil pump.
HKS fuel pump.
ARP head stud kit.
ARP main stud kit.
Helix paddle clutch kit
Head ported and polished
272 and 264 HKS camshafts
Shims for the HKS cams.
AFM Vernier pulleys
Double valve springs
Wasted spark ignition system
Machine valve spring seats.
HKS sump plug
5 speed lsd gearbox

I will upload pics when I learn how 😂
donshaleone
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

When I first got her

Cleaned her up a little and a set of wheels

Will try to upload a quick vid of her earlier [Wink]
donshaleone
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: rev counter/ speedo issue Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Today I have removed the gearbox speed pulse generator (speed sensor) as pictured

I will bench test this now to try and get to the bottom of my speedo problem which seems very common.

If this is not at fault I have narrowed it down to a faulty speedo unit or a dodgy kmh>mph converter. You should try these first but I like a challenge [Very Happy]
donshaleone
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tested the speed sensor and it is working, so next step is to disconnect the kmh/mph converter, if that has no effect it can only be a faulty speedo or if I'm majorly unlucky a damaged wire somewhere.

I will report back with this
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: