Inner Vinyl Rain Funnel - Part number?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

senerd

Inner Vinyl Rain Funnel - Part number?

Post by senerd »

Hi everyone, new member and 2001 MR2 MK3 owner. I've had water ingress which I've traced to the O/S drain plug.

The inner has come away from the outer drain flap which sticks through the body (those silly flaps that don't like to open under their own weight).

I've also got a tear right next to the drain on the inner vinyl. This is not part of the roof as I originally thought, but I've been unable to find this inner vinyl as a spare part.

May be able to repair with a combination of superglue, jbweld and softop repair patches, but much less than ideal.

I'm stuck driving a Rover Montego until repaired so very keen to get sorted asap. Any help much appreciated.

I'd post a pic but not allowed with post count.
rbuckingham

Re: Inner Vinyl Rain Funnel - Part number?

Post by rbuckingham »

On facebook there is a guy called dick that breaks these cars. He will have what you want. The group he is on is uk mr2 roadster owners
senerd

Re: Inner Vinyl Rain Funnel - Part number?

Post by senerd »

Many thanks, I'll give that a try. Nex stop was going to be breakers yard but this could save some time.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”