[Mk2] [Turbo] wing mirrors not retracting

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

micarus

[Mk2] [Turbo] wing mirrors not retracting

Post by micarus »

Hi new on forum so please excuse if this has been hammered before but just got my 1992 rev 2 and the mirrors don't fold <didn't even know they where supposed to DOH!>
It's a steep learning curve!
Cheers MIKE. :oops:
craig

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] wing mirrors not retracting

Post by craig »

Do they have a retract button on the drivers side panel? Only the GT turbos had folding mirrors.

If no retract button the can obviously be manually folded in.

Hope that helps.
shinny

Post by shinny »

RedMR² wrote:Only the GT turbos had folding mirrors.

I thought G-Limited imports did too... certainly it wasn't fitted in the factory to any UK cars.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

All my glimiteds have had retracting mirrors including the one outside
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I had this problem a long time ago, kept blowing the fuse as I had wires touching in the hole where I had no headunit at the time! Sorted that out and changed the fuse and was all good using the retract button again.

I think the fuse is in the box in the driver side footwell.. But there is also a fuse box in the front trunk..In fact may well be in there. (Is it the DOME one??) It could be in there I forget! Does not take that long to pull the fuses and check. Also some fuses in the engine bay but it is not those, I seem to remember the last time I changed one in the engine bay was because my rear lights/reverse lights were not working.

As said though a lot of MK2 MR2 have electric operated glass but not electric fold function, if you have a retract button you are all good.. Oh or if you try physically pushing them in they might feel tougher and.. erm.. Clicky. :lol: The electric retract are harder to push in by hand.
micarus

Turbo mk2 mirrors not folding

Post by micarus »

Thank's for the replies fellas, yes it is a turbo and I didn't want to force them in in case I bust them , can't find any blown fuses in the front <boot>
and there isn't a switch to retract them <first thing I looked for>from what I have read they should fold on shutdown?

Cheers MIKE. :o
shinny

Re: Turbo mk2 mirrors not folding

Post by shinny »

micarus wrote:Thank's for the replies fellas, yes it is a turbo and I didn't want to force them in in case I bust them , can't find any blown fuses in the front <boot>
and there isn't a switch to retract them <first thing I looked for>from what I have read they should fold on shutdown?

Cheers MIKE. :o

There are two models of turbo... GT and GT-S. Only the GT came with retracting mirrors as standard.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

You have no button to retract. You most likely do not have motor retract wingmirrors. Push them in manually by hand, should go easy no clicking. Mr2 do not retract on switching off the engine as standard, they have a button near the switch you select left or right mirror with. If you are desperate for it you can buy the wiring and switches from a car being broken
micarus

turbo mirrors not retrating

Post by micarus »

Thank's for the replies fellas I think I will wait until I have finished the body conversion and then look for some from a car being broken as suggested.

Cheers MIKE. :)

Return to “Electrical”